• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ knuckles with stock steering?

Vkbikes

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says, will I be able to use my wj knuckle swap with the stock inverted Y steering?

Its not going to be permanent, I just had a bearing go out and rather then replace it, I figured no time like the present to install the swap I've been collecting.

Stock height, no lift.

Will it fit and work? Just from eyeballing it looks close. I can't leave this out of commission for a long time, so I need to come up with something.

Yes, but you will need to do something about the pass side sway bar link. I've been running mine with a Currie Correct-linc steering for a couple yrs now.

I ran mine with the stock steering setup for awhile. It works fine and bolts right up. You'll just have to re-adjust your toe, since the mounting point for the drag link on passenger side is lower than stock and toes the vehicle.

Great! Thanks a lot, my 88 became my daily after some car issues with my girlfriend's daily. That's put a lot of pressure to get this stuff done quickly and correctly.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade. Long term I'd like to do a built up high pinion 30 with a truss,trac bar relocate, and sway relocate so I can run a long arm and anti rock. But for now she just needs to drive and stop!

Back