• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guests

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
Last year we figured if they had an XJ they didn't have to be a guest Per Se.
The idea in the past was that it was the same price for the entrance, and a possibility of picking up members.

I thought I saw some rumblings about it being restricted to one guest per member.

Here's the reason I ask: My club has 4 XJs in it, and we participated last year though I am the only bonifide member.

,Ron

I'm sure all guests will be welcome.

Zuki-Ron said:
I thought I saw some rumblings about it being restricted to one guest per member.
Ron
You did ... I quoted the rules as stated in the NAXJA bylaws to a non-member when he asked about bringing guests.

Les

Ah, that's where I saw it. Thanks(?) Les ;)

Here it is in article IX section 2, sub f.
"Each Member may invite not more than one (1) guest vehicle to attend each Event."

The question is:
How fast are we to that rule?

Zuki-Ron said:

"Each Member may invite not more than one (1) guest vehicle to attend each Event."

The question is:

You know us Ron. We let non-members run as a trial thing... hopefully after they see how great we are they sign up.

Zuki-Ron said:

The question is:
IMO, we as MWC/BOD or Winterfest Committee members should not post any other interpretation of the event rules. The bylaws also state there is no exception to this rule (see line g.) We should do our best to enforce these rules as best we can. There are always ways to work within the rules and maintain a level adherence. There have been times, in the past, when a NAXJA member has requested other members to "sponsor" one of their guests. You should have no problem getting this from several of us.

Les

Last edited:
LBEXJ said:
IMO, we as MWC/BOD or Winterfest Committee members should not post any other interpretation of the event rules. The bylaws also state there is no exception to this rule (see line g.) We should do our best to enforce these rules as best we can. There are always ways to work within the rules and maintain a level adherence. There have been times, in the past, when a NAXJA member has requested other members to "sponsor" one of their guests. You should have no problem getting this from several of us.

Les
Well said Wildman!
Ron, if a few of your friends tag along, I am sure they can be someone elses "guest".
Show up early and we will take care of it.

I think this year only members get a raffle ticket for their admission price. There's some incentive to get your "guests" to become "members" before they sign up for the event.;)

B-loose

Bloose said:
I think this year only members get a raffle ticket for their admission price. There's some incentive to get your "guests" to become "members" before they sign up for the event.;)

B-loose
ditto

Bloose said:

B-loose

bob, can I be your guest??

thanks

p.s. you never call anymore, don't you love me anymore?

LBEXJ said:

Les

No problem Les,
I'll pass on the information.

Thanks for the offer Sean, we'll see what happens.
,Ron

Last edited:
Fore Wheeler said:
p.s. you never call anymore, don't you love me anymore?

I call you all kinds of stuff, what are you talking about?

You know how to comunicate with me.

B

Still not sure. I guess it depends if I will be bringing a guest or not. If I bring a fellow Jeeper she's going to stay home, if not she'll likely come along.

B

Bloose said:
Still not sure. I guess it depends if I will be bringing a guest or not. If I bring a fellow Jeeper she's going to stay home, if not she'll likely come along.

B

good, hope to see her, I'm hoping Steph will be comming with Scott

LBEXJ said:
There are always ways to work within the rules and maintain a level adherence. There have been times, in the past, when a NAXJA member has requested other members to "sponsor" one of their guests. You should have no problem getting this from several of us.

That's a more eloquent version of what I was trying to say.

Back