• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who has a good must have list?

funvtec

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking for a good list #1 camping equipment

and #2 jeep related equipment

i've only been camping a few times and always relied on others, now i'm going with just me and my girlfriend so i need a good list of things to bring. Not to mention i've never been there so i dont know what to really expect as far as temperatures, trail handy items ect... rules and requirements i read that someone wil be looking over everyones rig to see if it is worthy, what things are considered a NO GO. this is a long drive and i want things to go smooth

help me out

thanks
:cheers: Harold

funvtec said:
i'm looking for a good list #1 camping equipment

Tent, Sleeping bag, food, hygene stuff.

funvtec said:
and #2 jeep related equipment

i've only been camping a few times and always relied on others, now i'm going with just me and my girlfriend so i need a good list of things to bring. Not to mention i've never been there so i dont know what to really expect as far as temperatures, trail handy items ect... rules and requirements i read that someone wil be looking over everyones rig to see if it is worthy, what things are considered a NO GO. this is a long drive and i want things to go smooth

help me out

thanks
:cheers: Harold
These ARE Required.

Front and rear tow hooks, shackles or receivers (no welded tow hooks)

Safety Belts for driver and all passengers

Adequate Spare Tire, Jack and Lug Wrench

Tow rope (no metal hooks allowed), strap or winch

Visibly Charged Fire Extinguisher (BC or ABC)

First aid kit

Secured battery (no bungee cords)

If you haven't been to The Badlands, their Rules is a good place to start. You will need to fly their flag about two feet over your roof. The base of the flagpole is a 1/2" inch threaded post. I suggest you should try to drill a 1/2 hole in your bumper or fab something up now, rather than running around looking for a 1/2" drill bit when everyone is lining up to hit the trails.

You may also want to update your vaccinations and load up on vitamins and maybe even get a rabie shot. Because, you will be strongly encouraged by fellow MWC members to drink out of multiple bottles of liquor that have been previously been drank from by multiple fellow MWC members. :puke:

And, most importantly, you are also encouraged to pick up some top shelf cigars to share with ME, REV and KID. (we share too)

...BOB

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/rules.asp

it says in the rules that a roll cage is required. Is that just for wranglers?

7. TRUCKS/JEEPS

15 MPH limit.

Seat Belts required!

Roll bar protection for ALL occupants in vehicle

NO back seat passengers allowed without above

Straps required for the safety of the trees

Winch & Lockers required for trails level 3-5

Anyone caught cutting down or removing trees will pay for the replacement of same size tree!

Flags required to be 2 feet above cab of vehicles

* Recovery is available at most times --- (there is a fee)

funvtec said:
it says in the rules that a roll cage is required. Is that just for wranglers?
Yes, only for open top vehicles. It is not required in your Cherokee (or MJ).

Les

:cheers: :woohoo: I've read on the badlands site and the Attica campgrounds site that it is an alcohol free campsite. how lax do they get with us?

funvtec said:
:cheers: :woohoo: I've read on the badlands site and the Attica campgrounds site that it is an alcohol free campsite. how lax do they get with us?

If they don't have to call the police, I think we'll be okay. :party:

funvtec said:
We have not had any problems before. It's not real crowded at that time of year. JIM.

funvtec said:
As long as things are calm, they are fine with us.
We have never had any problems and we intend to keep it that way!
The Attica Family Campground has always been good to us.

cool I'm not a huge drinker but campfire and stories, c-Mon beer has to be involved! and man I'm getting excited for this trip. I went to Gander Mountain and priced out a bunch of crap, and did a list at rustysoffroad.com <this one scares me especially shipping LOL. but hopefully i can be ready for this i don't want to get left behind because of an inadequate rig. and i don't want to become a burden getting stuck. I'd hate for it to become a headache of a 4.5 hour trip.

thanks for the advice, it seems I'll have things covered

i also found out that Gander Mountain has high lifts for 50 bucks

Last edited:
Okie Terry said:
Mmmm.
Alcohol is a good idea.
How could they possibly ban such a good idea?

the US government did for a few years...

The list is the required equipment for any NAXJA run:

Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation
  1. NAXJA VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
  2. NAXJA requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
  3. NAXJA Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
  4. NAXJA expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. NAXJA is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.
Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)
This is what the tech inspectors will check for, have it and all is good.

Rev

thanks Rev, thats in the by-laws right?

I actually found a list i printed out a while back from (yucca) and i'm going tomorrow and picking up a big tupperware container to start to fill up with stuff to take. I think i'm pretty set on what i need to bring, noe to bring the Jeep up to Par :repair:

Bring...

a sense of humor...

bail money...

a folding chair...

and lots of common sense.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Bring...

a sense of humor...

bail money...

a folding chair...

and lots of common sense.
Ditto x 1000

A BIG bottle of GOOD alcohol is good for making everyone better friends.

Back