• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My update....

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
I have both axles back and ready to install.
4.88s, Detroit in the front and a spool on the rear.
Frame stiffeners and drop brackets are done.
Frame is comlpetely sleaved from drop brackets to front spring hangers.
New adjustible control arms are in.
Front rotors are being resurfaced.
Ruilding the hubs and lock out on Monday.
I will pick up all of the read disc stuff on Monday.
35's are mounted, sitting in the shop and waiting to be put on.
Once the whole thing rolls, I will make a new winch bumper.

Things are starting to come together!
Feel free to stop by any evening!

My rear disks went together very nicely, as did the drop brackets. New rear u-bolt style pinion yoke installed, and fresh u-joints in the rear driveshaft. Just gotta install shocks, bumpers, skids, winch, bumpstops and rock rails. Oh, and fix the hole in the floorboard and put the carpet back in.

Edit: found shocks on EBay. KYB Monotubes, $90 for a pair from performance peddler dot com.

I just finished up gearing the front D44 with a spool and 5.13 gears, other than that Im waiting on hi steer arms, DS, and the front axle brackets...

Hopfully I can install the axles this weekend

I got alot done the past couple of days. Spring packs are finished finally using some springs from the front of a 1976 ford pickup. Got the rear driveshaft connected to the flange adapter courtesy of Catco. I made some shock mounts out of the old d35 mounts. I started to get the brakes setup along the 8.8 and am just waiting for my brake lines to come in today.

The axle swap is almost done then I have to change out power steering pumps do to a leaky one in there now. Install my t/c drop and get another front driveshaft or two. Hopefully I have these things done in the next week so I can work out the bugs if any show up. I hope not.

Couple more trips to the junkyard and I should be set to go. Time is running out!

Kim.

W00T!
Now I am doing this at least the back half!
I was looking at the rear shackle boxes and they were just about tore off!
The front springs came today.
I worked this eve untill I smashed my hand with a hammer.
If you look at the link above, his Jeep was straight, mine, well, I have been running it for 4 years!

Radiator is pacthed up, its snowing outside and about 18* with wind chill makes it about 0

i cant feel my fingers

radiator is back in, fan clutch has been "clearanced" and now i have about 1" of clearance between the rad and the clutch

rad holds coolant and keeps the engine at 215*

i cant feel my fingers

I dumped teh extra coolant down the toilet (didnt know what else to do with it)

so now all i have to do on my list is make my doors removeable, take out my back seat, and come up with good tie downs for all my gear.

See you should have been here, working in a heated garage, with an air compressor, plasma cutter and welder.

They are still out there working. I think they got the front axel in.

XJ_RANGER said:
so now all i have to do on my list is make my doors removeable, take out my back seat, and come up with good tie downs for all my gear.

Do you really think that removable doors for WINTER Fest is a necessity? I mean, I have removable doors and chances are, they will be staying on for WF. Heck, I wheeled all day today, and I sure wasn't thinking about taking the doors off. Even had to roll the windows up a couple times to stay warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRL WGN 1 said:
Do you really think that removable doors for WINTER Fest is a necessity? I mean, I have removable doors and chances are, they will be staying on for WF. Heck, I wheeled all day today, and I sure wasn't thinking about taking the doors off. Even had to roll the windows up a couple times to stay warm.
bah!

warmth is for the weak!

it would be nice to have the visibility, and my heater works real well...

last year i had the window down the whole time....

And doesn't it suck when the window is rolled up , and you try to stick your head out to see? :gee:

Who needs doors or windows?
Or a windshield or roof, for that matter?

is.php

Okie Terry said:

is.php

man - that winterfest shot looks warm! Terry has big balls wearing only a t-shirt at winterfest! :D :D

XJ_ranger said:
man - that winterfest shot looks warm! Terry has big balls wearing only a t-shirt at winterfest! :D :D
Hell, the fawking flowmaster under the pass seat keeps everything in a 10' radius warm......

Okie Terry said:

Well, call me crazy, but those of us who still drive ours on a regular basis, enjoy the roof and windows.

XJ_Ranger said:
last year i had the window down the whole time....

I can assure you from experience, there is a HUGE difference between running with the windows down and running with no doors.

Like I said, I may or may not have my doors on, but I don't see making them removeable a huge priority for a cold weather run. Now, in August, then yeah, doors have to come off, or that auto tranny will cook ya

TRL WGN 1 said:
Now, in August, then yeah, doors have to come off, or that auto tranny will cook ya

well there is your problem...

good ol AX-15 leading the way!

Back