• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Winterfest...

Good point... I like where this is going. Besides, what zombie had to know Chinese (yes, I'm taking Chinese). I may be altering my plans a little... hmmm. You all have very good negotiating skills. As long as there's no tests that day I may be heading up Thrsday sometime then.

Mike

jester1084 said:
Good point... I like where this is going. Besides, what zombie had to know Chinese (yes, I'm taking Chinese). I may be altering my plans a little... hmmm. You all have very good negotiating skills. As long as there's no tests that day I may be heading up Thrsday sometime then.

Mike

Taking Chinese may be the best thing you can do for your future the way it's going.

I'm considering it myself.

Dirk Pitt said:
Taking Chinese may be the best thing you can do for your future the way it's going.

Agreed...

Learn Chinese for your future bosses...

and Spanish for your cheap labor!

:D

Can I join NAXJA while at Winterfest?

Dirk Pitt said:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I actually started taking it my Frosh year just because it seemed interesting, now I've been taking it for 3 years, and just last month I went to China for 2 weeks (I did get a bunch of pictures of XJs around the cities). Besides, if I manage to learn Chinese I could be the future boss. But... you know, I could probably miss one class, so I think I might be heading up there Thursday after work... I'll figure out when the time gets a little closer.

PICT0144.jpg

PICT0210.jpg

Mike

so u guys sure its alright for a new guy to join in with ya? ive been working on getting the required equipment. just got to get a d-ring insert for rear hitch and im ready to go.

it might sound stupid but could someone post a pick of where you would/should mount the flag? i just wanna be prepared.

anybody heading down from northern indiana? maybe we could caravan?

XJ1998 said:
so u guys sure its alright for a new guy to join in with ya? ive been working on getting the required equipment. just got to get a d-ring insert for rear hitch and im ready to go.

it might sound stupid but could someone post a pick of where you would/should mount the flag? i just wanna be prepared.

anybody heading down from northern indiana? maybe we could caravan?

There is no exact location where the flag has to be mounted. Bumpers seem to be the most popular choice though. Just make sure its 24" above the Jeep. I haven't seen anyone measuring, just make sure it's good and visible. I just went to Wally-World and bought a bike flag, and mounted it to the bumper with the supplied bracket. HTH

Haleyes

Haleyes said:
There is no exact location where the flag has to be mounted. Bumpers seem to be the most popular choice though. Just make sure its 24" above the Jeep. I haven't seen anyone measuring, just make sure it's good and visible. I just went to Wally-World and bought a bike flag, and mounted it to the bumper with the supplied bracket. HTH

Haleyes

I just put the flag on my CB antenna...

XJ1998 said:
Absolutely!

XJ1998 said:
I made a bracket out of some thin strap ... bent it around the stock rack on top, drilled two 1/2" diameter holes in it and mount my flag there. I cut the flag stick down so it's about 2' long. Drilled the fiberglass outta the hole in the mounting collar and re-glued the stick back in. It's handier now, cause I can store it under my back seat so I don't forget the damned thing. Us old farts have this tendency ya know ...

Les

Back