• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Required Equipment Questions/Help

Could you mount one of those big hooks in the middle of your bumper? It'd look cool, like a Rhinoceros.

i think i'll sneak a camera in to work and take some pics of my progress so far, i have about 8 hours into it so far and i'm almost done except i'm fighting the idea of adding a front hitch to the setup, and adding some pieces to curve around to the wheel well. once i get the pics up criticism is welcome it'll only help for the best design!

Lawn Cher' said:
Could you mount one of those big hooks in the middle of your bumper? It'd look cool, like a Rhinoceros.

i think i might weld up a hitch with that on it instead of a ball! that way at least its easily removable!

i stumbled across the rock lizard website and their 440 dollar bumper is damn near identicle to the one i'm making, it'll likely cost me well under 100 bucks in materials :guitar:

at least i know its a good design

likemine.jpg

This tech inspection you are all talking about...is this for the Badlands? I have been thinking about making a trip down there and would hate to get there and not pass for something stupid.

Also, I work for Monroe Truck Equipment. Its funny how many of us are in the commerical truck upfitting business!

The tech is for a NAXJA run not the Badlands.

Years ago I applied for a job at Monroe. I got hired but never actually worked there. Basically quit before I started. Actually got another offer for something before my start date. I think my dad does quite a bit of business with them.

B-loose

Im at the Monroe in Michigan. The Wisconsin stores are the main stores. The Monroe Wi store is Waaay bigger than us here, but we get to build the Kodiak Pickups at our store. We do quite a bit of business suprisingly, for as small as we are. Ive been there for 3 years. Not a bad place to work, but I doubt Ill stay there forever.

this is LES's assistant tech person.
steering wheels are on the safety list this year.

...BOB

TwotonzLIL47.jpg

Back