• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sturgis Ralleye trip rePort plus MPG,Gas Prices and A New Tire report!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
First, what an awsome trip?Second,thanks to everyone in the states/towns we visited(saw a few Naxja rigs around),hospitality was excellent everywhere.Now for the numbers!

1st- I pulled my 33's and bought a set of Nitto Grappler AT's -265/75/16's for the trip.I am really impressed with them,we saw rain,mud,and almost snow(on top of Pikes peak)and one emergency stop besides doing some 75+ MPH driving.

2nd- The total trip was 3040 miles w/ the lowest mileage of 15.2/the highest being 18.5/and the average of 16.5!

Gas prices-Lowest(2.86)/Highest(3.40)/Avg(3.13)

Finally the route-Phx/Flagstaff/Gallup/Durago/Montrose/Gunnison/Salida/Pikes Peak/Colorado Springs/Denver/Cheyenne/New Castle/Crazy Horse/Mount Rushmore/STURGIS/DevilsTower/Cody/Yellowstone/Jackson/Montpeliar/Pocatello/SLC/Bryce Canyon/Page/Flag/Phx

It was all done in a week!It was a short but awsome trip(forgot what "green" and "water" looked like).
Havent got my pics back yet(probably couldnt show them anyway),but they had like 24 cams at the bar.
http://www.fullthrottlesaloon.com/FTS_Content/RallyPhotos/index.php

Last edited:
That drive from the Rez into Cortez and Durango is awesome.

I just made almost the same trip from Tucson, but we went north from Salida to Breckenridge.

The Cedar City area is really nice too, and did you see the Army Surplus place north of SLC on the right side of the interstate?

Fergie

PS- Welcome back to the suck.

Fergie said:
The Cedar City area is really nice too, and did you see the Army Surplus place north of SLC on the right side of the interstate?
That would be Smith and Edwards. I have a Sister-in-law who works there. 20% of anything in the store.

I like the look of terra grapplers.

Last edited:
We did Mt rushmore,Badlands National park, Sturgus,Devils tower and back to Colorado on Memorial day weekend. Man I love the high gas prices! The roads are clear and the parks and attractions are empty. We are planning Yellowstone this year because it gets packed in the summer and the gas price will keep the crowds away. I get a free car from work and free gas but I still think this would be a great summer to travel if you have to pay for it because you won't get slowed down for travel and you can move fast. In the long run you may spend an extra hundred or two in gas but it's still a bargan. Burn it while you can still get it.

Back