• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roll Out Times, Tech Inspections & Vehicle Information

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
As it has been in the past please plan on being at the park by no later than 8:30am. This gives everyone ample time to unload, air down, pack up, get inspected whatever and get staged so we can roll out for 9am.

Also as before, there will be vehicle inspections. Typical NAXJA vehicle required equipment applies (see the safety checklist and the bylaws for any questions). Please come find one of the NAC BOD (myself, Chris, Travis) and we will help you get signed in and pointed to whomever is doing the inspections at that time. Then you can head off to pay the park fees.

Please remember to bring a filled out waiver form and safety checklist. This will help tremendously to speed things up. We WILL be checking to make sure you vehicle isn't hacked together (more than it needs to be ;) ) and that you have the proper equipment (ie; in reach fire extinguisher, 1st aid kit, jack, tow points, etc).

Thanks and see you all in a few weeks!

Last edited:
Re: Vehicle Inspections

Will someone be available to inspect the rigs in the evenings? This has been nice in the past to get it out of the way beforehand.

Ben pretty much covered it, but we can check things out in the evenings if you want. I don't think it'll be a problem getting them all done in the AM. For the most part it is pretty scattered who is showing up what day so by the busy day (Saturday) at least 1/2 the rigs are already done.

AM at the park is fine, but it always seemed to make things more efficient if we can do some at the campground in the evenings upon arrival.

After all, what's it take to do the tech inspect? 60 seconds if you decide to be anal about it?

AM at the park is fine, but it always seemed to make things more efficient if we can do some at the campground in the evenings upon arrival.

After all, what's it take to do the tech inspect? 60 seconds if you decide to be anal about it?

again drinking time, not to mention I would have to find everybody at camp...easier at the park, this way everyone is in 1 spot, but if i am found i will inspect.

STROKER

Just so I'm not the idiot of the group, the inspection is going to be at Rausch every morning before we wheel, well for those not previously inspected of course, and not at Twin Grove when we wake up and roll out?

what day are they wheeling cant make it till sat
We are wheeling Thurs, Fri, & Sat. Some might wheel on Sunday but most of us drive home.
Just so I'm not the idiot of the group, the inspection is going to be at Rausch every morning before we wheel, well for those not previously inspected of course, and not at Twin Grove when we wake up and roll out?
We roll out from Rausch. Everything will happen there so please no later than 8:30. If you have to unload from a trailer, even earlier than that.

I have a question, the safety checklist says fire extinguisher and first aid kit readily available, but the national bylaws say just fire extinguisher and first aid kit. I keep my first aid kit in my rubbermaid box in my trunk, I have a first extinguisher mounted on my rear pillar, and a second fire extinguisher floating in my back seat/under a seat. Is the first aid kit fine in the back, since I really have no other place to put it?

You should be able to get the 1st aid kit in a "reasonable amount of time". Use common sense here, if you have to move a spare tire, seat, and a toolbox, it probably isn't reasonable.

The big push for the words "readily available" was so the fire extinguishers were not put under things like the back seat or tires/toolboxes. Obviously if it takes a minute to grab a 1st aid kit thats probably fine, if it takes that amount of time to grab a fire extinguisher it could be very well to late.

It will be up the the discretion of the person doing inspections. You should be ok with you mounted extinguisher if I'm remembering your setup correctly.

Last edited:
I have a small first aid kit with some bandaids and stuff in it does that qualify....

I'm not going to get into what a 1st aid kit should and shouldn't have, it could last all year. Your basic $10+ (80+ piece) kit should be the minimum I would think. Does this mean a 79 piece kit won't pass? No, but use your best judgement here. A $1 pack of bandaids really isn't a 1st aid kit.

I think this is the one I've got; IIRC I paid $17 at a drugstore. Link

go to wally mart they are even cheaper there....

Back