• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you quote? Help

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
How do you quote 2 or 3 or 4 different posts in one thread in a single post? For instance to answer 2 or 3 questions from different people without having to do a seperate post for each question. I can not figure it out.

multiple windows (or tabs if you're using firefox) jump between the one you want to quote and the response you want to paste to (or actually end up sending).

Make sense?

afd516 said:
How do you quote 2 or 3 or 4 different posts in one thread in a single post? For instance to answer 2 or 3 questions from different people without having to do a seperate post for each question. I can not figure it out.
If you hit the quote button, it will only quote the person you're replying to. You can quote multiple people, but you have to do it manually.

afd516 said:
afd516 said:
How do you quote 2 or 3 or 4 different posts in one thread in a single post?
How do you quote 2 or 3 or 4 different posts in one thread in a single post?

Broken down, that looks like this:

person 2 said:
person 1 said:
blah blah blah (what person 1 says) [/QUOTE ]blah blah blah (what person 2 says) [/QUOTE ].

(I put the spaces in the quote tags so they wouldn't actually turn into quotes).

To answer two separate questions in one post, the easiest way to do it is like Sniggs said and use two different windows. Open another window for your reply (right-click 'reply' and select 'open in new window'), and then in your original window, hit the quote button. Copy that and paste it into your new 'reply' window. In your original window, hit the back button and quote another post. Copy-paste that into your new 'reply' window as well. Hope that helps a little.

Mambeu said:
To answer two separate questions in one post, the easiest way to do it is like Sniggs said and use two different windows. Open another window for your reply (right-click 'reply' and select 'open in new window'), and then in your original window, hit the quote button. Copy that and paste it into your new 'reply' window. In your original window, hit the back button and quote another post. Copy-paste that into your new 'reply' window as well. Hope that helps a little.

Ok let see if it works

Sniggs said:
multiple windows (or tabs if you're using firefox) jump between the one you want to quote and the response you want to paste to (or actually end up sending).

Make sense?

Humm this seems easy

Mambeu said:

Thank you

Sniggs said:

Make sense?

I think I got it.

afd516 said:
Sniggs said:

Make sense?

Easy enough

Back