• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Build for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 + Future

Is that just a Briggs and Stratton on the back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a banging sound in the rear of my jeep that had been plaguing me all winter. I finally decided to pull shock on the side the sounds was coming from. When i installed my shocks on my hoops i forgot to put a sleeve in my lower shock bushing. This was causing excess slop, hence my banging sound. I have bad ocd when it comes to sounds that my jeep makes. The smallest sounds kill me. Im extremely happy that i got it figured out.

Finally got around to installing my assist ram.

Time to bring it back. Picked up Neal's old Jeep today. I started cleaning up the inside so far. Also had my son pull off the fender flares.
IMG-20200316-153217-031.jpg

20200316-155158.jpg

Last edited:
Ive got a lot suspension/steering woes to iron out. Jeep wanders real bad and the rock krawler 3 link lowers make contact with the uni body rails over the slightest bump. It currently sits at 4.5" in the front, maybe less since the coils are pretty old. I'm going to throw some new re 5.5" coils in the front with some bilstein 5100s. Hopefully that will stop the contact. I'm sure the joints on the control arms could use a rebuild. I think I'm going to completely disassemble the front end and assemble it my way. Ill throw up some pics as I do it.

Got my renewal stickers yesterday. Threw them on today along with a new hood. Thanks Rich. Fiona lives on. I also did a bunch of touch up paint and bedliner work.

I was having major clearance issues with my rock krawler lowers since they were high clearance and my axle side brackets were set in line with the bottom of the axle tube. This brought them up quite a bit. Every small bump my control arms made contact with the frame. I ended up straightening the arms with a 55 ton press. Hopefully since they are solid they will still hold up. I also rebuilt the joints and replaced the poly bushings.

Back