• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well here she is!

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Since jeep is up for sale and I wanted something enjoyable to drive I went and picked this up today! Still need to name her. She is a 07 WRX TR Has all the tasteful upgrades that I wanted initially. Exhaust intake. With just over 60k on it. She drives amazing! On to the pics.
IMAG0066.jpg

This one was right before I took her home!!
IMAG0067.jpg

Dayum..... That's a nice Subie. Where did you buy it?

Bought it at Maximum auto search right off of broadway and bellview. All I know that it has is Exhaust, Intake, rear strut bar. Carbon fiber hood painted body color. Some 17" Enkei Wheels that have a light gold tint. Need to find some winter wheels so i don't bash these up. I LOVE EM! Has a nice Alpine cd deck (same one as in the jeep) and a 10 or 8 inch Kicker sub with amp. Havent looked at it too too much. I am in love with it so far. drove 90 miles today!

eh but the TR are cool. All the excess crap is gone and "tuner ready" but still makes modest numbers stock
230hp@ like 5400 I think
and I think torque is almost identical 230-240? @ 3300
Which are almost as good a numbers as the older sti's. Some minor changes and he can be having some real fun in it. (and its nicer than anything you or I drive :dunno: )

Last edited:
were the 07's still bbs wheels stock or did they come with the enkei's?

Get yourself a boost controller and turbo timer

These just came on it. I don't know much about the difference on performance. but i have a feeling this one may have a tune on it. once jeep sells im gonna get boost contoller and a timer for sure.

sweet man. time to get someone familiar with em head to toe and have them look it over and see what all you got. :thumbup:

That sounds like a good idea! I also know the brakes are upgraded. And it was wrecked once in may. But wasn't reported on a carfax. Must not have been that bad.

no need for boost controller and stuff. take it to a tunner and either get a cobb accesport or an opensource tune and drive it.

wanna race:D

Nice ride Kiefer! I hope you left room in your budget for the insurance.

After spending a couple of days in Dirtys WRX going back and forth to Wyoming, I sure wouldn't mind getting one myself.

Good idea on picking up a cheap set of winter rims. I'd suggest some Blizzacks to go with them, they kick butt! We actually hit the north sand hills last Monday, and with the snowpack and the sand, we had no issues. Even hitting triple digits on partially snowpacked roads felt good. Also, when David had to do some evasive manoeuvres to avoid suicidal wildlife, the Blizzacks worked better than I ever expected.

X2 on Blizzaks. Incredible year 'round tire. Ran those on our '07 Trailblazer SS and loved every aspect about those tires and all weather conditions. Awesome snow/ice traction.

Just wish they made them in the right size for the SRT8........ :mad:

Blizzaks are great tires. I've ran Blizzaks, Yokohama IceGuards, and Nokian Hakkapeliitta R winter tires. The Blizzaks gave the best all around performance and were probably the best for road noise. The Nokian's are awesome but are terribly loud. Yoko's were awesome in snow/ice and dry roads, but sucked in the rain.

From what I can see of that turbo, looks dry to me, which is good. Keep an eye on the intake pipe after the intercooler for oil coming through. If you see oil, a turbo might be in order. I've seen too many turbo's blow around my area. The impellar(impeller?) come loose and oil gets sent through the intake system. You'll know when it goes bad.

Other than Turbo's, keep an eye on head gaskets for coolant leaks. Common on 2.5 non-turbo's. At least you have the better gaskets on yours.

Greddy and Cobb are good brands. If there is a Cobb downpipe you probably have a tune of some kind on there.

I can't see the air filter from you're pics, but make sure you have a GOOD air filter on there. Cheap ones will let too much crap by and drastically shorten the life of the turbo. Just from experience. FYI.

Oh and x3? on the blizzaks, great tires on these subies.

Is that license plate bracket one of those that screws into the tow/recovery hole? Was thinking of doing that on the SRT8 since they don't have front plate brackets. Personally I like mine without the plate....... but you know what jerks the Cops can be about silly little crap like that........ :shhh:

Swing that Subie by sometime late Saturday I wanna check it out...... and maybe see what's what against my grocery getter........ :D

Aw damn. I'm already puttin money into this thing. Just ordered up a set of weather tech floor mats! Lookin for a stock set of 17's for some blizzaks that I'll be getting eventually. Don't know much about my current tires but I like these wheels so I want to keep them nice.

Back