• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aem fic tuning

Xjboss

NAXJA Forum User
hello all,
im about to indulge in a turbo 4.0 xj build and have purchased an aem fic 1913.
looking for help on setting up a base tune so not to ruin my motor. any tips and trick from those who have used this software would be much appreciated. if you have a file you would be willing to provide to help me out that would be awesome as well. I have a .50 trim turbo, 36lbs injectors, and yet i have a afr wideband gauge for the beast.

if you have any experience please post, all help is needed:wantyou:

What year ECM is this getting installed on? My 96 5 speed would hang in open loop if my map clamp was set at key on/engine off value. I had to increase it to 4.9v that way it would switch to open loop with boost. I actually kept the ecu in closed loop boost at lower rpms by using the MAF table and taking out a percentage of the map signal to remain under the clamp. Then using the fuel table put in the extra fuel to get STFT and LTFT +/- 5.

I also had a bit of an issue with the o2 sensor ohms. I did 1k all the way up to 8k. 3k seemed to work the best for me. Too high and the ECM would not cruise under light load correctly.

I am currently running a 53mm 60trim with 36lbs injectors. Below is some info I had posted a while ago not everything is up to date.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/my-experience-aem-fic-245405/

I drove around in my wife's 2000 xj cali emissions to see what it needs for open loop parameters. That ecm really likes to stay in closed loop. If you can dial in the o2 map that may actually work out to your advantage.

Well I'll give it a shot, will be a total learning curve as I have done nothing like tuning before!
On another note, How did you route your turbo piping? The 2000 and up xj's have a dual exit manifold which makes it a bit more challenging.

Back