• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One of our own needs our help. NorCalChris

Goose_XJ88

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Socal friends, one of our own is in need of white blood cell donations. NorCalChris has been in the hospital off and on for the last few months. Read his Facebook post below.

Los Angeles friends. I am in need of help. I need people willing to donate white blood cells @ UCLA Ronald Reagan. Im starting a new treatment and we need a supply. Blood type not important. The white blood cells will be given to me to temporarily boost my immune system and help fight off the infections I have. Once said infections are gone I can start Chemotherapy and get my bone marrow transplant. Which is the one treatment that is going to save my life. You will be screened by the docs. Come 1 day to get a shot that boosts you immune system. Next day you return to donate the blood.

Its an interesting request, but it's one that has real life benefits and can help save my life.

Anyone who is interested, please message me if you want to keep your privacy. I love you all and hope everyone had a great Christmas

Is there a specific department to contact? Is there a telephone number we should call? Post up the details or PM me if you don’t want the specifics out there.

I’ll donate if the anticoagulant I take daily doesn’t disqualify me.

Is there a specific department to contact? Is there a telephone number we should call? Post up the details or PM me if you don’t want the specifics out there.

I’ll donate if the anticoagulant I take daily doesn’t disqualify me.

Contact Chris via Facebook, and give him your number, he will then get someone to contact you. I am going in for my screening today.

Hey All, so I guess I was the first person to give a blood sample to see if I am a white cell candidate. This is a life or death kind of situation. Chris has little to no immune system at this point, and what he does have is attacking his bone marrow.
He needs white blood cells to help with the kemo he needs to go through. The process isn’t too hard to this point. I gave Chris my info, they called me back in a couple days and asked the typical medical questions, this morning they asked if I could give a blood sample (7 vials), then I went over to the hospital and talked with Chris for an hour or so.
They said they will call me with in the week to see if I am eligible to donate.
Then I will schedule and donate if I can.

Send Chris Divine a text and he will get you on the list, then the docs will contact you.

Cell: 805dash720dash6085

He is not checking his NAXJA PMs

Hey All, so I guess I was the first person to give a blood sample to see if I am a white cell candidate. This is a life or death kind of situation. Chris has little to no immune system at this point, and what he does have is attacking his bone marrow.
He needs white blood cells to help with the kemo he needs to go through. The process isn’t too hard to this point. I gave Chris my info, they called me back in a couple days and asked the typical medical questions, this morning they asked if I could give a blood sample (7 vials), then I went over to the hospital and talked with Chris for an hour or so.
They said they will call me with in the week to see if I am eligible to donate.
Then I will schedule and donate if I can.

Send Chris Divine a text and he will get you on the list, then the docs will contact you.

Cell: 805dash720dash6085

He is not checking his NAXJA PMs
Is have you been to central america in the last 10 years a question? Kinda like giving blood? If so then I'm out :(

I sent a text to his cell number. I still have this lingering cough from the pneumonia I go on Halloween but I should be pathogen free.

We had a short conversation by text December 30, but I haven’t heard back or gotten any instructions about who I should contact at UCLA med center. I’m still available and willing to help if needed.

Is have you been to central america in the last 10 years a question? Kinda like giving blood? If so then I'm out :(

No, Just a year for a short list of countries

I sent a text to his cell number. I still have this lingering cough from the pneumonia I go on Halloween but I should be pathogen free.

We had a short conversation by text December 30, but I haven’t heard back or gotten any instructions about who I should contact at UCLA med center. I’m still available and willing to help if needed.

Give him a shout out, they will test your blood at the first visit Peter. I think they still need one or two more. I just donated again this morning, for a total of 3 pints of WB cells.

Quick update on Chris. His sister was a match and he got the transplant.
He has started and finished chemo treatment and is on the road to recovery.

I've been stalking Chris on FB... he posted a pic of an old man and said that's what he feels like and moves like...

But he still feels and moves, and that is the important part!

Hi Naxja family! I am still alive and still fighting. I was able to finish chemo, ATG treatment and radiation then recieve my bone marrow transplant. My transplant was Jan 31st. This journey started back in Aug 2019. I was hospitalized several days after my son was born. The disease I have is very rare and called Aplastic Anemia. I am out of the hospital and recovering in a rehab hotel next to UCLA Ronald Reagan. Its been a roller coaster of emotions all these months in the hospital an unable to see my children. As of last weekend I was finally able to see my 3 year old and 7month old. Our entire lives came to a crashing halt and then was completely turned upside down. The great news is I am alive. My immunesystem is building slowly (not a good time to get the coronavirus for me) and I am feeling better. I want to especially thank Brendan, he didnt owe me a single thing. Yet, he went out of his way many times to come donate to me. The treatment I was recieving was essential to fighting an invasive fungal disease I aquired after my immune system finally failed in October. Brendan, My family and I are very thankful for you. Also, I can't wait til we can have a few beers together. Thats been a really long time. Maybe I'll cook some bacon haha.

I want to thank Goose for sharing my post. Helping to bring awareness to my situation. Ultimately Im just grateful to be alive and Im very thankful. If you reached out to me to help donate, i apologize if I didnt not follow through with our communications. I was in a very odd place in life and we ended up having a few really great donors like Brendan. Thank you everyone for your support. I hope to get home to the 805 soon and I cant wait to go out and be on the trail again. Ill have to ride with someone because I started major surgery on my Jeep right before my diagnosis haha. Thank you Naxja family.

-Chris Divine

Good to hear Chris! Making progress, keep it up and stay strong man.

Great news.

Challenging time too. On the plus side, the whole world is suddenly aware of the need to not spread germs around.

Keep up the fight.

Back