• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1986 Jeep comanche.

Sounds a little high for a 4-cyl. It is a long-bed though. I wasn't even aware that the long-bed was offered with the 4-banger. Personally, I'd hold out for a 89 or later with the 4.0l I6 and the AX-15 instead of the crappy puegot tranny.

It really depends on your area. I could not find one worth buying here for the longest time. Then I found my 89 in outstanding condition for 1500. 4cyl, manny, 2wd. I love it.

If there a a lot in your area the prices might go cheaper, but it if is running, rust free, and has a good interior, Id say it is a pretty good price. You are really not got ever going to get a car worth buying for less than that(with certain exceptions)

wolfpackjeeper said:
It really depends on your area. You are really not got ever going to get a car worth buying for less than that(with certain exceptions)
True, even a junky Camry goes for 1700 or so. And good luck keeping it in one piece. for 1K, if tis straight and rust free, its allways a candidate for a transplant.

This is what I know so far;
A stock long bead 1986 comanche, 2.5l, 5speed, 4x4, with 89500 miles.
To my knowledge, it needs a powersteer pump, brake work, major fluid change (everything), steam clean engine, and fix an oil leak.
Good exterior and interior.
Is it worth $1000.00
I offered 800.
There is not to many out here in fresno california.

lawsoncl said:
Sounds a little high for a 4-cyl. It is a long-bed though. I wasn't even aware that the long-bed was offered with the 4-banger. Personally, I'd hold out for a 89 or later with the 4.0l I6 and the AX-15 instead of the crappy puegot tranny.

Short bed wasnt even available till 87. All 86's were longbeds.

Oh and to the OP I say go for it.

Back