• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chattanooga

Well, I wish I could help ya, but I think I'm the only XJ owner who's ever changed out his shocks w/o out managing to break off at least one of the rear stud bolts. You might want to do a search on the mod tech forum, I know I've seen the same issue come up there more than a few times.

BTW, I think you and I are the only Chattanoogans on this forum despite the fact that Chattanooga is teeming with lifted XJs. I need to figure out how to get some NAXJA business cards so that I can pass them out.

Yesterday morning a newly lifted XJ passed me on 75S. Looked like a 4 1/2" lift with 32s and no fender flares. Anyway, just as he passed his XJ went into death wobble and he started weaving pretty bad, but instead of slowing down he sped up and I lost sight of him. That's the 1st time I've seen death wobble outside my own XJ.

I know of a few XJ owners that wheel in Chattanooga. What does your XJ look like? Mine is a green 97 with no fender flares, 5 inches of lift and 33x10.50 tsl radials on ar 767 wheels. I also have my spare on the roof.

Click on the link for a pic of mine. 6" or so of lift, 33 12.50 Trxus, etc, etc. I've trimmed another couple of inches out of the fenders since this picture.

My XJ

I will be moving back to Chattanooga in July. Hopefully we can all get together and do some wrenching.

I know a few guys in Chattanooga that have XJ's one red one on 37's, a purple one on 35's and a silver one on 32's those guys are all good friends of mine.

Matt99XJ said:
I will be moving back to Chattanooga in July. Hopefully we can all get together and do some wrenching.

I know a few guys in Chattanooga that have XJ's one red one on 37's, a purple one on 35's and a silver one on 32's those guys are all good friends of mine.

Hey Matt, yeah let us know when you get back into town. A wrenching party sounds good.

I'm here too...

But I'm new... a Blue XJ with no drivers door... in the Collegedale / Ooltewah area.

Tried to go to Owl Hollow this past weekend... ich... sherrif there stopping us. =\

We are planning a trip to Coppingers Cove in the morning (Saturday noonish we'll leave.) email me for info.

I have to get a new trackbar before tomorrow though...or I'll be driving 40Mph all the way there...

http://www.fridayfires.com/pics/ for some photos.

Last edited:
I have never been there, but I have friends that go. It is out snowhill road, and somewhere on White Oakk down there. One friend said he use to enter through a neighborhood or something like that.

Lee 94XJ said:
I need to figure out how to get some NAXJA business cards so that I can pass them out.
lee pm me your email address and i will send you a copy of the card on .pdf file.

Yeah, the copper said that the owner wanted to put a stop to it.
I've hear that it happened once before, but it was the neighbors that didn't like people driving through the neighborhood.

So who knows... it's a good local spot if it becomes open again.

cid

Well, that's a shame...I didn't even know it was there. The only other place I know of "in" Chattanooga is Aetna, which I've heard is now closed.

Do ya'll know of any other places in or close to Chattanooga that's open to wheelin'?

I'm a 'noogan. Hello everyone.

Just thought I'd be friendly.

Back