• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I learned at the 2013 crawl...

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
I learned at the crawl 2013:

1. Doing a donut in you jeep can often times lead to it ending up with the rubber side towards the sky...
2. Apparently when you think there might be something wrong with your $700 shock, there probably is.
3. Beater style baby jeeps can be fun too.
4. Broke a front inner that won't come out? Just roll your jeep on its side & let gravity do the rest.

How about you?

Last edited:
I learned that if your crawl trip plans start out with your tranny having problems the day after you have decided to go, then just forget it because it all goes down hill from there.

It would have been fun but I'm enjoying time with family.

I learned at the crawl 2013:

1. Doing a donut in you jeep can often times lead to it ending up with the rubber side towards the sky...

You didn't learn that at the Crawl, Tyler. Tim taught you that at the Fall Flog in 2011 at Hale Mountain!

I learned:
Jason can murder a pretty jeep
Sometimes gravel bites hard
Byron's wife is real and she is funny
I can move fast if there is a bear right beside my porch

Yeah we already knew this :D

Brad did not....

1. Nick can fly
2. Ed still has the sweetest and cutest kids
3. My head still hurts
4. Driving 70 miles to the nearest Bdubs beats the heck out of picking glass out of my teeth all day
5. Flexy will run if a bear shows up
5.1 He will leave his gun in the truck when the bear shows up
6. Always a good time meeting new people and seeing old friends

5. Flexy will run if a bear shows up
5.1 He will leave his gun in the truck when the bear shows up
Damn I wish I had been there to see that :roflmao:

No tent camping in the rain requires a lot of beer to go to sleep. On the other hand this was my first time camping with a water bed

Dan wants to live in perfect harmony with another man (probably Mac)

Justin wants Hardee's

I might be the only one that's not sad about the current well being of the 5.9

Tim can take a hit to the face like Mike Tyson

Cabins are still the way to go when it comes to staying at Harlan.

Jason can't have anything nice.

Black Bears provide for some surprising entertainment with our group.

Diamond Dave made another appearance this year and did not fail to put on a good show.

Golf cart wheelies are still loads of fun!

Our group won't let even a monsoon stop us from putting on a good show.

When you walk into the grocery store in Cumberland and you're dressed in something that's not PJ's, you get some strange looks from the locals.

The SEC & MWC continue to be some of the coolest, most down to earth people i've ever met!

1. The SEC is a great group of people and put on an awesome event.
2. Wheeling up a mountain is 10x better than wheeling in Indiana.
3. Buying a 'new' Jeep 5 days before a trip isn't the best idea, but it worked great except:
4. A stock e-fan and a 10" Autozone e-fan is not enough to cool a 4.0 on the climb from Evarts to Upper Rock Garden.
5. Coming down the mountain in a downpour reminded me a lot of wheeling in Jurassic Park :D
6. If the world ends I am going to Pineville, KY.
7. I wish Harlan was closer.

I also learned:
Glenn can make it through the weekend with minimal carnage but can't tighten the bolts on his driveshaft!
Stump is just there too hang out
Tim can take a rock to the face like a boss
Bears will scare the Hell out of you then make up for it by cleaning out your grill
K5Matt will wheel hard enough to break things
Ed will make parts of upper rock garden his bitch
There is someone stupid enough to let Nick wheel their junk
Brian's dad has a funny laugh
Justin really does give no f***s
Brad will drive through 2 states to get to a bdubs 70 miles away

Hmmm... here's what I took from it.

1.Packing up in the rain sucks.
2.I WILL have my wheeling rig ready for next year.
3.Black bears are hungry critters, 24/7.
4.Tim may be seen wearing a catchers mask next year.
5.Mason Jar is a NASTY trail when its wet.
6.Folks of Cumberland often scare me.
7.Brian's large portion of meat was spectacular, and it filled me up. lastara

Great group of folks as always, and a big thanks to Jim for allowing me to shoehorn myself into his buggy for a couple days to ride with the extreme group!
~ Stump

My family and I learned there are some very nice folks in the group. Thank you all for a great intro into wheeling. I also learned you can have problems with your XJ even when it is not running. 10 miles out of Harlan the fluid in the front diff (what little the was) boiled and made for a very Smokey and exciting stop and repair on a rainy mountain road. We will be better prepared next year. Thanks again to all. Greg.

My family and I learned there are some very nice folks in the group. Thank you all for a great intro into wheeling. I also learned you can have problems with your XJ even when it is not running. 10 miles out of Harlan the fluid in the front diff (what little the was) boiled and made for a very Smokey and exciting stop and repair on a rainy mountain road. We will be better prepared next year. Thanks again to all. Greg.

Glad you could join us on Friday. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family.

1. If a group of drunken men on quads claim they know their way to Putney from 4 poles lookout, they really don't.
2. It's nice to wheel with a passenger for a change.
3. Dan's kids handled the trails better than my woman did.
4. My travel coffee mug floats.
5. Herculiner seals a rusted roof quite well.
6. 35's get me further than 33's do.
And finally...
7. I learned I need a roll cage just to keep up with the Jones'...

Rain adds x5 to any trail's difficultly level.
30plus feet is NOT enough distance to not get hit in the face with a rock.
The 5.9 Grand's engine makes my naughty bits tingle.

Back