• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

December ROTM Submissions Thread is OPEN

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
To enter, you must be a member in good standing.

You must be entering either an XJ, MJ, or what is left of one.

You must be a member of the Colorado Chapter.

You need to submit two pictures of your vehicle. Two only! along with a couple of paragraphs about your rig as well as some of the trails you have run, how long you have been a member etc.

Been on the Forum for about 5 years, only owned the jeep for 4 years

98 cherokee sport
-4.0/AW4/231
-AA SYE

-Front Axle
-HP Dana 30
-4.56 Yukon gears
-ARB Air locker
-Spicer ball joints
-spicer u -joints
-Custom steering, Crawlertech aluminium link
-760 axle shafts.
-RE extreme trac bar
-RE tracbar mount
-Custom truss (In the works)
-Barns lower heavy duty control arm mounts
-Barns heavy duty 3 link mount
-T&J performance diff cover

Rear Axle
-XJ D44
-4.56 Yukon gears
-ARB Air locker
-Sloid Diff cover
-Truss (In the works)

Suspension
-5.5" RE coils
-4.5" RE leafs
-1.5" teraflex shackle
-Mid arm 3 link using creeper joints, 2" DOM lowers and 1.5" DOM upper
-GM 1500 break lines
-Procomp ex9000 shocks

Tires
-35x12.50x16 BFG KM2
-342 series black D window wheels
-1.5" spidertrac spacers

Armor
-TNT Customs front stinger
-AJ's offroad sliders
-HD Offroad mid and rear stiffeners

-Custom rear bumper/tire carrier/lower quarter guards
-Custom upper quarter pannel guards
-Custom full belly skid
All built by me

Misc
-Custom driveshafts
-Cut bushwackers
-Cobra CB radio
-Rock lights
-4 Hell 500's
-Roof rack

Soon to be -
-Smittybuilt xrc8 winch
-Hybrid cage
-4 link rear
-Tube fenders

Trails run -
-Wheeler lake
-Holy cross
-Chinnamans
-Spring creek
-Jenny creek
-Alpine loop
-Poughkeepsie gulch
-Bill moore lake
-Red elephant
-Metberry gulch

Only from this year

197401_134422893297401_100001890745669_215501_289291_n.jpg

308453_208168925922797_100001890745669_483780_262874987_n.jpg

I've been a member here for only a year now. I bought this XJ, my first, in October last year. She came a long way in a relatively short period. I started with easy trails this spring and soon found myself hanging with Mike and was on Liberty and Chinaman Gulch this summer. I attempted Holy Cross this year, but we all bailed when another in the group broke early on.

Below are the specs and couple sweet photos that I'm counting on sealing the deal for me. ;)

2001 Cherokee Sport
AW4
231 w/SYE

LP D30
ARB
RuffStuff cover
Stock shafts

Ford 31sp 8.8"
ARB
RuffStuff cover
Stock shafts

4.5" coils
.75" spacers
RE Drop Brackets
RC adjustable upper/lower control arms
JKS track-bar
Bilstein 5100s

BigOffroad/Alcan 4" FlexE leafs
JKS boomerang shackles

35" old style MTRs
Steel D-windows

Custom Serious Offroad front plate bumper
JCR belly skid
Warn sliders
Serious Offroad HD Steering
20lb homebrew CO2 for ARBs and air-up

Photo credit to my buddy Faisal

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

so-far we have Flores and mad mike. the rest of yous are not MEMBERS of the Colorado chapter, just users.

The submission by eflores has been removed. The requirements are that you be a member in good standing.

He is not a member in good standing due to a Time Out in the past 12 months. That would make him in-eligible.

The entry by G.P_XJhas been remove since his is a Forum Supporter and not a Member.

For now those are the rules. I have a put it on the adjenda for the Colorado BOD to discuss the possibility of changing that in the future.

Remember guys, we need two pictures and they need to be of good quality so that we can use them for a calendar or something similar.

I see Tom likes to play god like Johnny lobster
Must be awesome to be in naxja's "in crowd"

There you go again spewing negativity again. What part of 'good standing' do you not understand? Is English your first language? I can't quite follow your logic. What traumatic event in your life has triggered your problem for authority? You seem to have the worst case of 'short mans' attitude I have ever witnessed.

If you ever need someone to talk to, to try to work through your issues, feel free to pm me.

Oh no I understand the rules and realize I am not. Member in good standing per the rules.
I have serious issue with censorship. I hate people thinking just because thy have fancy mod powers that they alone can decide what can and can't be said. I pay my money here too I elect those in power I get a voice too.
Don't like it? Flex your big bad mod muscles and put me on another time out or ban me....this shit is ridiculous

I have serious issue with censorship.

You don't have a problem with censorship, you have problems realizing that the rules apply to you just like everybody else. Why are you not a member in good standing? I will tell you and everybody else why.

eflores.jpg

You refuse to follow the rules of any kind, especially on signatures and push back over and over.
That doesn't include you habit of insulting other members.

I would be surprised if the total infractions for the rest of the chapter add up to the number you have.

If things as so screwed up, why don't you just leave? If you really want to change things, clean up your act until you can run for office and then go for it. If you cleaned up your attitude you might get some votes. Hell, do that I would nominate you.

Last edited:
I Totaly agree!
I'm going to assume that you haven't had the benefit of spending some time with Tom. I would venture to guess that if you'd go on a few runs with him or even take a moment to listen to some of his sage advice....you'd have a very different opinion.

I'm glad to call Tom a friend and have found him to be one of the most fair and least judgmental people I've met here.

I see nothing that he's done that is out of line with what is expected of a person in his position.

Indeed, rules are rules....... but this contest is for our Chapter and unless National is sponsoring the contest..... we should be able to make our own rules for it.

With that said, I will support my fellow BOD guys if the decision is to adhere to National's rules.

But my position is that this contest is to be fun and open to anyone with an XJ/MJ that participates in our Chapter. I'm not for restricting it to red-letter membership at the Chapter level.

Unfortunately, we the Chapter BOD didn't hash this out before the contest got started so this December CO Chapter ROTM might be a little bumpy but things may change for January. :thumbup:

As far as Flores goes....... well, it appears the arguement in support of the decision has been posted. It's just a bit too soon I guess....... He'll need to put it a bit more time staying within the rules.

If you think censorship here is bad...... you ought to try getting away with ANYTHING over on CO4x4, Speedfreaks (ZJ forum) or the LS1GTO forum I used to belong to. They do a GREAT job shutting down drama and bickering with a zero tolerance policy. Oddly enough, the only place anyone really bitches about being moderated is here and over on CO4x4....... must be a jeep thing..... :laugh:

I will give it a shot.

I've been a member for just about a year and a half.
I have only been to Penrose once.
I ran liberty in and back out.
Since then I have been wrenching on the jeep.
Did a motor swap and battling deathwobble.
I have also done a little "car crushing"

92 jeep Cherokee.

Suspension-
Tomken based LA kit.
With acos coil spacers. About 6 to 10 in of lift in the front.
Sitting at about 8" in the front
Sitting at about 8" in the back.
Adjustable rear shock hoop.
Rancho shocks.

Drivetrain.
98 Xj 4.0 motor
4.56 gears.
1977 scout II d44 rear axle.
1968 ford bronco d44 front axle with 77 scout knuckles.
Warn alloy shafts front and rear.
Tom woods drive shafts.
Tera Lo
ARB air lockers front and rear

Other.
Bonz hysteer conversion.
Magnum 9k winch
Arb bull bar front bumper.
Custom sliders, rear bumper, tire carrier.
3- 9" electric fans, 3 core rad, functional cowl hood.
32 gallon gas tank.
10k hid headlights in custom built housings.
35" Goodyear mtr kevlars.
Dual battery set up.
4 wheel disk brakes.
6 point roll cage.
Rear view camera.
5.5" touch screen in dash DVD
6 mids. 6 tweeters. And 2 12" subs.

Much more that I can't think of right now.
2c4799db.jpg

66133d8b.jpg

Last edited:
1996 jeep cherokee 4.0L K&N Intake Banks header Flowmaster muffler & High flow cat AW4 auto NP231 SYE and stock shafts F/R Lebaron Hood vents

Suspension: 5.5" RE coils RE drop brackets with braces 4.5" RE leafs 2" Rusty's Shackles

Steering: Rusty's OTK kit

Front axle: D30 4.56's ARB Superior Alloy shafts Bilstein 5150's

Rear axle: D44 4.56's ARB Alloy shafts Skycrapper shocks

Armor: Stock T-case and gas tank skids Custom rock sliders Front bumper unknown brand Trail ready rear bumper JCR light boxes with Cool LED tails.

Tires and wheels: 35" MT/R's with kevlar 15" MRT bead locks
IMAG0509.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

Back