• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Webster Pass Tuesday

I will never go on that pass again. I talked to guy who ran it two weekends ago and said you can not get over the top cause there is a glacier on the top of the pass (solid ice). They had to turn around and go back, and on the way down part of shelf road caved and they spent 4 hours rebuilding it so they could make it back down. No thanks that is one nasty shelf road.

Yeah it is the way down from Red cone if you do not want to go through Montezuma or up Radical hill. Day I went on it I went to the top of Red Cone and the way down from the top was snow covered so went back down the way I came. Went back up Handcart Gulch to the base of Websters pass. Was a great day until I went up Websters. I drove up to Montezuma after I made it to the top, and took I70 home. I was pretty freaked out for a few days. I have never been that scared in my life. LOL It was pretty up there I will say that.

id go and do webster but i need a lift and tires first maybe next time

i went last year it was kewl, started in montezuma and a old timer stopped me before starting the trail, and he warned me that i wouldn't make radical hill in my stock 4runner with the bumpers ripped off.. so i ignored him lol and continued.. once reaching radical hill and unaware that it was RH we descended !!! holy crap !!! narrow and steep !!! never made it up to red cone but handcart gulch was really kewl ... and we left via 285 and only bangd bottom once on the trail

fun trails out there -Dutch

Back