• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socalfest

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
Mark your calendars folks! Socalfest will be held in Big Bear again this year, April 26-28. There will be runs for all build levels, a raffle, t-shirts and other goodies for sale and comeraderie for all! Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Guess I will have to see how the jeep likes towing with the new gears. It did not like climbing the mtn with 4.10/33s and a 2000 trailer in tow.

Ill be there, even if I have to tent it.

Last edited:
I will attempt to tow my trailer at 3500 pounds. 456 and 32's
Take your time going up the mountain.
Stoked for this. Anyone going to be arriving that thursday prior?

I intend to be there Wednesday evening.

Well, debating on whether to take the extra day off or not. Will probably just head up friday as usual.

I'll be there. going to wait on a campground until I figure out my schedule hopefully I can make it up on thursday.

It's on the calendar now. Hopefully there's room for my big a$$ class C.

Look at the campground online and see if they can accomodate a class C and what sites will work. The place is a little tight.

Look at the campground online and see if they can accomodate a class C and what sites will work. The place is a little tight.

They have accommodations for a class C but as Every said it is tightish. The spaces are back in, not pull though. So really you just need to be able to make the whale go where you want and you'll be fine.

Not friendly. We are meeting at the Discovery Center which doesn't have an OHV trail to it.
But, Maybe at the trail entrances, you could stage for green sticker travel.

How friendly is a Big Bear to a trailered Jeep with only OHV registration, no windhield, and generally not very street legal?

Karstic should be able to confirm but Big Bear is NOT OHV legal.

You need plates. All full size vehicle trails are street legal, the only OHV trails are ATV and MC.

Besides, you live in Arizona, won't they give plates for $5 to anything that could conceivable stash a gun somewhere?

You need plates. All full size vehicle trails are street legal, the only OHV trails are ATV and MC.

Incorrect

There are full size vehicle green sticker roads (3N03, parts of 3N34, 2N33 to name a few) but they are very limited and not where will be staging from.

Back