• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's bringing their mountain bike?

Handlebars

NAXJA Member #135
I know you want to!

standard.jpg

Man I'd really like to bring my mtn bike but I would have had to start training back in January to lose weight and be able to keep up on the slickrock. :rolleyes:
I think xjblue will be bringing his bike. He'll pop in here soon.

My older sister is bringing her's. She wants to piggy back to the top and ride it down.

Later,
Lincoln

my family liks to do

Klondyke Bluffs. It is popular with the biking crowd. We usually drive to the top and they bike to the bottom and I pick them up. You really didn't THINK that I'd ride did you!?:D

Bike

I am thinking about it but being I have not ridden in years I would probably keel over. That and the altittude change, how high is Moab again?

Joe

The town is 4000 feet, it is all up hill from there. I think the highest trail near town is 6000 feet. You can ride up to 10, 000 feet in the La Sals.

Don't let the lack of a bike stop you, there about a dozen shops in town that will rent you a ride. :)

How about a shuttle ride on Porcupine Rim on Wednesday? It's kind of long but maybe we can get a Jeep shuttle to the top and ride (mostly) downhill back to camp.

Bike is on!

I will take it for fun. A buddy is going with me so he can shuttle me on the uphills and I can play on the downhills.

Joe

I'd love to! I have just the bike for it too!

But I have the physique for disaster! I'd have to rely on my girlfriend's Red Cross CPR training!

I'll pass...

bburge

i'll bring mine... so i can ensure that my A$$ hurts too, not just my back from sitting at the wheel all week...

:cool:
mike

bburge said:
I'd love to! I have just the bike for it too!

But I have the physique for disaster! I'd have to rely on my girlfriend's Red Cross CPR training!

I'll pass...

bburge

Awwwwww, come on Bill we arei n the same boat and I need someone to wait for me on te trail as well, I do not want to be the last one all alone.. :D

Joe

debating.... broke shift levers so it's converted to a 3 speed right now.
I brought it to the fling last year but never used it. Porcupine Rim? thats tempting.

Yeah, but what about the Jeep, Ford Focus boy.

I bet he would waste time fixing a flat on his tri-cycle before getting the Jeep ready to go. :D

If he doesn't put the time in to get ready I'm gong to start calling him FG (Focus Girl). I'll be home working on crap all weekend again Jason (FG).

Later,
Lincoln

The Jeep is going.... so hold off on the FG for now :D I just got the argon/co2 mix replenished at lunch so it's time to melt some metal. We are clear for Moab.. or is it Maob? :D

Lincoln said:
If he doesn't put the time in to get ready I'm gong to start calling him FG (Focus Girl). I'll be home working on crap all weekend again Jason (FG).

rotflmao.gif

Lincoln, thats good stuff. You just coined a new name for JP...... FG!!! :D

Regardless if you bring the Jeep or not FG, you still get it just for threatening to take a damn ford Focus to Moab
thumbsup.gif

Back