• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tentative Trail Schedule

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Monday: Mt. Antero/Baldwin Lakes or Mt. Princeton or Pomeroy lakes
Tuesday: Grizzly Lake & Iron Chest
Wednesday: Wheeler Lake
Thursday: Hancock Pass/Tomichi Pass return via Monarch Pass (Hwy 50). Alternate route: Hancock Pass/Cumberland Pass/Tincup Pass
Friday: Tincup Pass/Cottonwood Pass - back by mid-late afternoon for dinner and raffle.
Saturday: Chinaman Gulch - ladies encouraged to drive - need to hit the trail early to beat the crowds.

Wednesday/Thursday overnight trip: Holycross
Minimum vehicle requirements ( additional to the standard :NAXJA: requirements) for Holycross:
33" tires
Rear locker
Spares
Vehicle damage very possible

Hardcore Trails: Indy, Carnage gulch - just like it says HARDCORE- minimum vehicle requirements and scheduling to be discussed in camp. These trail runs will be set by the participants.

Dinner and raffle will be Friday evening starting around 6:00 p.m.

This is just a rough schedule and open for day-by-day discussion at the event (we can change the schedule as necessary if need be).If you want to run a different trail on a particular day, feel free to do so, as long as you have at least one other vehicle willing to go with you- never wheel alone, and make sure we know where you are going.

Last edited:
Say Tom, is it OK for us to use this thread to group up for other small group plans for runs also? I have a couple of suggestions & thought I might see if there is any interest. Thanks.

whats drive time from BV to Holy Cross anyone know?

IMO closer to :40 from our campground, but we traveled 55mph. Center of town may be closer to an hour.

**NOTE**

This is a copy/paste from a previous CO Fest as a guideline to start planning.

At the last CO Chapter meeting, it was decided to hold the overnight run of Holy Cross Wednesday into Thursday morning.

I believe Tom (old_man) will make the change soon. :thumbup:

**NOTE**

This is a copy/paste from a previous CO Fest as a guideline to start planning.

At the last CO Chapter meeting, it was decided to hold the overnight run of Holy Cross Wednesday into Thursday morning.

I believe Tom (old_man) will make the change soon. :thumbup:

x2!! I'm glad you caught that as well, Troy.

The hardcore trail runs will be decided in camp, so don't assume Carnage will be Thursday. My opinion is that Carnage would be best done Friday. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the handful of people that have rigs built enough to run it will be able to get through it in time for the dinner and raffle that evening. There will be plenty of people that want to go just as spectators too (like me).

I agree, Friday is a good day for the Carnage run, then the group run of Chinamans on Saturday.

However, in4atotallymashedupxj might enjoy running it twice........ Maybe we can talk Led into another "backwards" run of Carnage one of the days..... It's a TOTALLY different trail backwards......... :D

I would like to see if there is any interest in getting a group of guys who want to run Holy Cross in one day, on, say Thursday. I was wrong earlier in my estimate of travel time to the trailhead cuz we made a couple of stops along the way before but I still think no prob doing it in an easy 1 day. It is 56 miles and 1:15 from our camp traveling speed limits. I've got it all on my GPS from doing it before. We would have to be strict about the vehicle requirements & the 3 trys then winch, but last time I did it we had a group of 12, breakdowns and made it in an easy one day with lots of geeks on the trail.

I would like to see if there is any interest in getting a group of guys who want to run Holy Cross in one day, on, say Thursday. I was wrong earlier in my estimate of travel time to the trailhead cuz we made a couple of stops along the way before but I still think no prob doing it in an easy 1 day. It is 56 miles and 1:15 from our camp traveling speed limits. I've got it all on my GPS from doing it before. We would have to be strict about the vehicle requirements & the 3 trys then winch, but last time I did it we had a group of 12, breakdowns and made it in an easy one day with lots of geeks on the trail.

I'd be interested in a one day run up Holy Cross on Friday (easier work scheduling, plus then I can come hang at the raffle on Friday night :cheers:)

I'm thinking Friday is tougher cuz dinner at 6:, think we'll be back by 5: but we are a ways away, also Fri. group may do Carnage.

Im in for a carnage run on Friday Hopefully my work schedule will agree!

I will be there all week and would run Holy Cross as a 1 day trip. I don't care what day.

I'll restate that I would be totally up for a one-day Friday HolyCross run, provided there is enough interest from others! I am too big a P$%^&y for Carnage, but HC is right up my alley....

Back