• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size stock ??'s

sloppyjoe

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious, is anyone else running 245/75/16's stock? I have them on right now wand they fit but they JUST fit. I am planning to just put a Mj shackle in the rear to get the back off the tires just a bit, they rub if I hit one of those huge humpty dump bumps, you know the ones where the jeep goes way up and then come down harder on the rear, that is the only time it hits. N.E. who I was just wanting to know if anyone else was running this stock, and if they ever had probs with it. Tanks : ) JOE>

those tires measure around 31"s. Depending on how much your suspension is sagging, stock usually fits 30's with minimal rubbing. I rubbed slightly on my front bumper corners at full lock with a bb but no rubbing in the rear. If you do some searching you will find some info on this. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100930 Here's a link similar to what your asking

A related question-- Has anyone used the Futura Dakotas for off-road? I can't afford the BFGs but need a tire with good tread for mud/snow. Any thoughts?

Nice, I was just curious, I would have thought I needed lift too but they r on there and never hit unless I go through a section of road that throws the Jeep way up and then back down, they rub just a bit when I hit those bumps. I will just be adding my MJ shckles to the rear to bring it off the tires, I think that will suffice. Thanks JOE>

D-goXJ said:
A related question-- Has anyone used the Futura Dakotas for off-road? I can't afford the BFGs but need a tire with good tread for mud/snow. Any thoughts?

Those aren't bad tires. I had them on my 2nd Jeep and got them at Pep Boys if I remember correctly.

Check into some used tires. I figure that if the price is right and the tire is in good shape, you cannot lose. Your tires will probably not live a long life anyways 4 wheeling them so why not get some 50% tread on the tires or so for 50% of the new price or less and use them and get other ones down the line? That way the person selling them might want to go up a size and you are happy with the smaller size and pass them along when you are ready to go up a size or want different, or you damage them and need tires. The used 4x4 equipment is a thriving market. Check here, Pirate4x4.com, craigslist.com in you area for some deals.

Back