• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wtb 4wd ax15 or nv3550 and tcase

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Let me know what you got.

For the tcase interested in anything if the price is right... Would be cool to have a stick with full time :D

I have an NV-247J from an all wheel drive WJ, and and OR 241J from a Rubie. The 241J has a cracked case. The 247 is perfect. How much you looking to spend?

Not interested in a 247, would be interested in the 241 if it had a good case.

Yeah I know. I'm less worried about getting a case than a trans, the case seems to be easier to come by

got a trans

just need a case now.

I have a 242 sitting in my garage. all youd need is a new main shaft for it. Yours if you want it.

let me look into what a main shaft goes for.

thanks!

The reason it needs a shaft is because its from a later model. I did the RE hack n tap to it and ended up not being the right length to work with the hack n tap. I'm not sure if there is another hack n tap or something else you could use that would work with how much has been cut off, but you might be able to find something that could work with the shaft thats in it right now.

How much was cut off?

Pics? I might be able to figure it out if I saw it

Sure, give me a few minutes.

IMG_20130203_200230_zps8c6393de.jpg

IMG_20130203_200200_zps992e8dc3.jpg

I have the speedo gear and sensor in the back of the Jeep somewhere.

And as per the installation instructions for the RE1801 hack n tap, I left 1-1/4 inch of spline left.

My stubborn ass ended up thinking the RE1801 would work on a later model 242 for some retarded reason. I think my plans were after realizing my mistake was to find a trashed older 242 and swap the output shafts but couldn't find one, so I just ended up rebuilding my original 242 and putting the hack n tap on it.

Last edited:
Back