• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How wide is my rear axle?

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
97 XJ 8.25 rear, how wide is it WMS(Wheel mount surface) to WMS? Is it 60"? That number rings a bell for me.

I searched here and with google and I cant find it, but I know its out there because I've found it before.

I'm making wheel spacer/adapters for the Isuzu D44 I got. The Isuzu is 58" WMS to WMS on a side note.

Ive read 60" and 60.5" WMS. If it wasn't pouring I would go measure for ya.

60.5", isn't the bolt pattern different? If it is you might be better off making an adapter instead of a spacer.

Last edited:
IslanderXJ said:
60.5", isn't the bolt pattern different? If it is you might be better off making an adapter instead of a spacer.

zfinger said:
I'm making wheel SPACER/ADAPTERS for the Isuzu D44 I got. The Isuzu is 58" WMS to WMS on a side note.

Yes it is 6x5.5, and the spacer/adapters will bring the axle to width and 5x4.5. So it looks like I'll be making them 1.25" thick if I need to go from 58" to 60.5"

Back