• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Limited slip or not?

d10shun

NAXJA Forum User
We just pulled the diff cover off my 95 and my rear looks like an open. There is no spring between the spiders but it feels like a limited slip when both tires move. What does the limited slip look like? Powertrax No-slip manual shows a different set up than what is in my rear. I have a D 35 c-clip rear. How can I tell this is a limited slip or not?

Limited slip usually comes with clutch with heavy duty spring squeeze the clutch . It's good for street but bad for offroad trails. Powertrax No-Slip is an sandwich with 4 soft springs. I have Powertrax lock-rite in rear.

Limited Slip usually required to have special lubication for the clutch.

Powertrax No-Slip and lock-rite do not need special lubication.

d10shun said:
We just pulled the diff cover off my 95 and my rear looks like an open. There is no spring between the spiders but it feels like a limited slip when both tires move. What does the limited slip look like? Powertrax No-slip manual shows a different set up than what is in my rear. I have a D 35 c-clip rear. How can I tell this is a limited slip or not?

The one on the left is a stock, open diff. carrier. The one on the right is a trac lok carrier. Hope that helps

traclok16_carriers_720.jpg

Thanks Ace! I thought there would be a spring in between the spiders but oh well.

Back