• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old stage cleanup

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Well I headed up friday with a buddy of mine to camp out and work on Old stage shooting areas saturday. We were met by two other guys, Sam from CO4x4.org and Cody from ar15.com. With the four of us and the two lil ones helping out we got as much done as we had room to haul out. They all said that they never would have imagined how bad it was up there. We were dealing with people shooting across the road as vehicles headed up to eagle rock. People trying to shoot down a tree. And the same idiots shooting DOWN the road :doh:

We raked up a ton of stuff, bagged it and loaded it out. Left piles of stuff left to be bagged and taken out. (we just didnt have the room). We took the fallen trees from being shot down and used them to block off the side people were shooting on that was unltimately shooting at the road. 4 guys a lot of raking and shoveling and we hardly made a dent in the one shooting area. there is likely enough trash to fill several roll off dumpsters up there. But without support from the Forest Service/Ranger District we were limited on resources and people were afraid to participate once they backed out. Hopefully the offorts dont go unnoticed.

154542_428303857195122_100000465357504_1563950_1520898368_n.jpg

301826_428306827194825_100000465357504_1564007_826624031_n.jpg

544590_428307113861463_100000465357504_1564008_289720912_n.jpg

576741_428307773861397_100000465357504_1564010_1218869654_n.jpg

529277_428310053861169_100000465357504_1564019_2094796771_n.jpg

Again big thanks to the people that came out. I know it doesnt look like we accomplished much, but with limited people and resources we did what we could. Hope you all decided to lend a hand in not only cleaning up but educating the poeple that are ruining it for everyone else.

we are gonna try and go back up sometime soon and have more trucks to load up. We tried talking to and educating some of the shooters out there, but most dont care unless you can write a ticket for their idiocy, or they turn into "I have more guns and friends than you" and its all bad. We did get one group that actually came over with a few small bags of trash they picked up and had us take down. That was cool. But its only a start, need to keep going.

nice work, Mike. Is the 28th deal still on?

nice work, Mike. Is the 28th deal still on?
The forest service said they cannot come down to participate at all whatsoever. If there are people interested in going up the 28th I am more than interested in joining. We can go back through CC/Woodland and dump at the FS trash bin.

Sorry I didn't make it. I seem to have come down with the flu somehow, been in bed for 4 days, which is not normal for me. Good job.

My rig is in the shop getting a bent rear axle shaft replaced so that is why I was absent. Would be interested in the 28th though. At the very least, I can run a rake...

Do you mind if I include this pic in a promotional item (brochure or flyer) for the club? If not PM me please.

Thanks for getting out there and making a difference :cheers:
Grimm - fire it up buddy, not a problem at all.

Steamer, let me know, seems like there might be some interest for that day?

I'll see if I can get my trailer and a truck down there on the 28th to help out for a bit. I've got a birthday party in the afternoon but can at least potentially help out that much.

Damn Mike, I dunno why you'd say it didn't look like you got much done up there...... looks like you guys did one helluva good job with your limited help! I'd have loved to have gone up there to help.

I guess I'm still not getting why the forrest service / ranger district isn't willing/able to help..... what's the big issue with them? ...... in a nutshell.....

I guess I'm still not getting why the forrest service / ranger district isn't willing/able to help..... what's the big issue with them? ...... in a nutshell.....
Liability.

When I do the Adopt-a-Road, to just pick up trash, we have to sign waivers and have a safety orientation. The Adopt-a-Road agreement makes us unpaid Federal workers.

Y'all did a damn fine job cleaning up! I know Justin and I were both interested in going.

Would anyone want to make the 28th a shooting/BBQ/clean up day? Shoot for a bit, grill lunch and then do another clean up?

Y'all did a damn fine job cleaning up! I know Justin and I were both interested in going.

Would anyone want to make the 28th a shooting/BBQ/clean up day? Shoot for a bit, grill lunch and then do another clean up?

Totally in. Set it up.

turns out I have two baseball games mid-day on the 28th for both boys, but I'll keep my ears peeled to this thread for when we've got a group up there to clean -- it sure looks like there is MANY days of cleanup just to make a dent. The closeness to CS makes that a readily abused area, but it also is alot of our quick fix to get up, and we need to keep it open and safe, since we seem to be the only ones willing to take any responsibility. :thumbup:

It looks MUCH better after you got done with it!

Yeah......... it's like you picked all the sprinkles off. I never really cared for sprinkles anyway. :laugh:

green-donut.jpg

stpats_grdonuts.jpg

........ I have no idea what made me think of that. :shhh:

Back