• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Burning smell

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Lately I've been noticing a burning smell under hard accelerations and reversing and today I was backing up and I heard a grinding noise at about 10mph in reverse but when I tried to get it to do it again it would act normally, don't know if the noise and smell are related...

Anyways the smell is kind of a burning oil/gear-lube smell. Any ideas?

Zoro said:
Lately I've been noticing a burning smell under hard accelerations and reversing and today I was backing up and I heard a grinding noise at about 10mph in reverse but when I tried to get it to do it again it would act normally, don't know if the noise and smell are related...

Anyways the smell is kind of a burning oil/gear-lube smell. Any ideas?
I get the burning oil smell under hard acceleration as well, mainly with the windows down at freeway speeds. I'm told it's just an oil leak from somewhere but my valve cover isn't leaking and I don't think my oil filter adapter is either, and I find it hard to believe I'd smell it burning off the oil pan. I'll be interested in the responses as well.

Back