• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIP Pete "Over2Land" Trasborg

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
Just got the new Pete Trasborg passed away, Katie of Catching up with Katie confirmed this on FB, we do not know how, Katie ask for privacy as that is what the family has requested..

RIP Pete Trasborg.

Re: RIP Pete Trasborg

Sad to hear! I just saw that John Cappa had posted something on fb too.... I thought it was strange.

We lost another jeeper. RIP Pete Trasborg

Any of you who have read JP magazine know Pete's work, he was a writer and editor there for many years. I knew him in person as a friend, he was a member here for a long time and worked locally in socal in down town. His family has requested privacy so we're not really sure why but he is no longer with us.

You will be missed Pete. Keep on Jeepin on. Rest in Peace. For those of you unfamiliar with his real name his username here was "over2land"

Re: We lost another jeeper. RIP Pete Trasborg

I saw your post on fb, I couldn't place the name til I read this... Wow, Another good Jeep guy gone too soon. You'll be missed Pete!

I just saw something about it on FB. He was a good dude, RIP.

Wow....and pretty young too! He wrote some funny articles. I particularly liked how he blew off the JP nay-sayers in his editorials and responses to letters. RIP

Thanks for posting this, Mike. I'd been meaning to make a thread but it's taken me some time to come up with the words. I hate making posts like this.

I believe I met Pete Trasborg in person back in 2005 or 2006. He contacted me because he wanted to take pictures for an article on NAXJA's Adopt-A-Trail work. I invited him out to a workday on 2N04 and we've been friends since.

I used to joke with him almost daily, typically about the minor injuries he tended to collect. Pete will be missed. He's one of those that I didn't hang out with nearly enough. He left far too soon.

You know, it's funny; I don't think I ever did read that article.

Used to love reading his work.. had no idea he and over2land were the same guy.

DSC_0081_zpsjpgiqcrk.jpg

MC%20FB%20pg%206_zpscsqf1ndj.jpg

As many of you know, Pete Trasborg, editor & photographer for JP Magazine passed away suddenly Friday morning, May 15. He was 37. We would like to invite you to join us THIS Wednesday May 20, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. to celebrate this great man's life & legacy. It will be held at the Elks Lodge in Canoga Park, CA. 20925 Osborne St, Canoga Park, CA 91304

He was not the kind of guy that would want you to mourn him. Instead, celebrate him by sharing a funny Pete story or how he helped the Jeep community he loved and dedicated his life to.

The closest airports are Burbank, or Los Angeles.

Directions from the North:

I-5 South to
405 fwy South to
118 West to
De soto, go South (left)
to Osborne street, turn right
Park on street, or the Elks Lodge parking lot.

Directions from the South:

405 North, to
101 fwy, go west
to De Soto, go north (right)
to Osborne Street, turn left
Park on street, or Elks Lodge parking lot.

If any of you have special photos of Pete that you would like to share at the service, please email them no later the 10 p.m. Tuesday night to [email protected] or [email protected], & we'll include as many as we can at the service.

We invite you to share a story or memory with Pete at the service.

Please SHARE & LIKE, so that we can get the word out as quickly as possible. and if you know you'll be attending, "join" the Facebook event “Pete Trasborg's Celebration of Life” mentioned above so we have an idea of numbers for food & libation.

We hope to see you there.

Pete's celebration of life event was well attended today by a lot of people from all over the off road industry as well as various other friends and relatives. There were many stories told through the night. Here are few photos.

Some of the group. This was before the story telling so some were at the bar.
i.php

A very clever and touching thing to do with the old T-Shirts from Pete's closet.
Pete_-_1-la.jpg

Pete's signature shirt served as the guest book.
Pete_-_4-la.jpg

Back