• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage/chinamens/wheeler lake

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Not in that order, but yeah.
So El presidente hit me up to join him on a weekend tour of some trails. Wheeler early saturday morning, chinamens saturday evening, and carnage sunday.
Wheeler was really just a race for me. I was trying to stay out of the way so just bombed to the top and then back down again. Trail is a lot smoother at 6psi, but still sucks coming down. WE hit some decent traffic, some really rad rigs to some hardly over stock. No snow left up there at the lake, but the surrounding peaks were covered pretty well.
After, we shot over to BV and did a quick lap on Chinamens. Saw some bad ass rigs coming off Carnage and chatted for a sec and then blasted around chinamens as well. Took me a second to find the line with full width on whales tail, but once i sorted it out she walked right up. Justin just giggled as he rolled right over it. We both took the fun line on rockpile. Been a few years, so the trail seemed real dug out compared to the last time i was there. Definitely a bit more rough now.
We ran into BV, had some pizza and beers, headed to bed and the pup enjoyed the rather cool weather over the night, sleeping like a rock. Unfortunately part of that cool was some rain that was light, but off and on most of the night.
So sunday morning was Carnage. Definitely wet. And by wet i mean a giant puddle at the waterfall. Despite his best efforts justin was denied a clean run up the waterfall, although he cleared everything else. I spent the day fighting the truetracs. Having not really been tested before i hadnt dealt with them not holding locked on a line. So i was hanging on stupid stuff. Eventually i snapped a rear brake line at the caliper on a rock, and didnt notice til there was no brakes left. Meant taking on the exit with no brakes, I drove it as far as i could before hooking it an keeping rig alive to try again later. Sucked, but what can ya do. Justins buggy did awesome and walked the exit with some fancy work of the levers and pedals. Sure feel cheap compared to his rig. Anyway. heres the pics. Ill post more as i get them downloaded or from justin.

29210487072_490e8903e9_z.jpg
[/url]Carnage weekend. by Mike L, on Flickr[/IMG]

29030776770_c3b1253384_z.jpg

29030861990_9761d40cdc_z.jpg

29284811826_c72a99fda6_z.jpg

Your jeep sure does look good next to his buggy....two of my favorite XJs right there!

I'm glad there's still a couple people on here that actually get out and wheel too, looked like a fun weekend.

Man , how long were stuck on your rocker guard at the waterfall for Jared to break out s chair ???

It rained the time I went in 2014 so the waterfall b4 v notch was out of the question and my buddy's break downs left us hitting the exit at 2300 with his rig left at the can opener with a blown agr super box so my rig was our way out without walkung and way back next day with new box without walking ..lol...so pulled cable immeduately then had a quick fun hop over the last bump inti chinamans ...I did run tub rock or whatever it is called dead middle no winch and walked v notch.
I think the exit should be an easy claim now , but that waterfall b4 the notch is always wet and I do not thin dot tires and 116-118 wb will do it ...next year however should have the fancy 43sx and have a shot at that slick mess...lol...next year it will probably be like 2011 ...dry as a bone.

And I just want to say it really really really pains me to see these trail pics while having no ready rig...you bastids !!!

Seth. Thanks buddy. Was a fun weekend to get out and just thrash. Had been too long.

George. Ha I wasn't on rocker. That rock was a few feet away. We actually found that chair up there sitting out already.

Yeah I dunno what's needed to clear the waterfall. All I know is I didn't have it.

Seth. Thanks buddy. Was a fun weekend to get out and just thrash. Had been too long.

George. Ha I wasn't on rocker. That rock was a few feet away. We actually found that chair up there sitting out already.

Yeah I dunno what's needed to clear the waterfall. All I know is I didn't have it.

Nice find ...that waterfall just looked like bad times for my drive shaft and most likely with a fail so I pulled cable ..And thanks for the motivational trail pics your sweet rigs on a bad little trail gets me motivated to put another 20hr fab weekend in .

Justin, Mike, you both have lots to be proud of. Great looking rigs.

Been a long time coming to see Justin's buggy done and on the trail. Congrats brutha!

When's the Crawl shoot happening?

Damn..... I do miss Carnage....

Back