• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aggregate all runs may 2011 through oct 2011 thread

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Runs thread
Xjensons moonrocks
May 20 - 22

Xjensons Niagara rim trip
June 17-19 or maybe June 24-26th?

Xjensons rubicon trip
July 8-10

Sr mitchells deer valley
July 21-24th

Sierra fest (Dv , slickrock, etc)
(Optional rubicon adder for aug 8th-10th)
Aug 11th – 14th

Dusy ershim
So cal chapter
Aug 21st weekend

Openings:
Weekends of June:
1st 2nd and either the 3rd or 4th
Weekends of August:
1st,4th

im tryign to aggregate all the different runs going on so far since the summer will come fast than we think.
i think ideally a "runs" calendar would be great.

Weekends of July:
1st, (most likely july 4th weekend?), and 4th
Weekends of September:
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
Weekends in October
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

FYI June 25th is the annual Kids On The Rocks Run put on by the Mud Sweat and Gears club at Niagra Rim.

that sounds great jeepme. id love to hit up that run . i guess itll be open? i thought niagra rim was up high?

Ya last year in June it wasnt open because of snow, so this year I am thinkin the same will happin.

that sounds great jeepme. id love to hit up that run . i guess itll be open? i thought niagra rim was up high?

Yeah it is all around 8000' to 8500'

Ya last year in June it wasnt open because of snow, so this year I am thinkin the same will happin.

I don't think it will be open then either. I need to think of an alternative... Any ideas?

Yeah it is all around 8000' to 8500'

I don't think it will be open then either. I need to think of an alternative... Any ideas?

hell hole,
fordyce,
lost coast,
other ideas?

www.4x4TrailMaps.com

i know its in his sig, but this site is awesome.
anyway, waht about snake lake trail? hell hole sounds good since its lower elevation. any otehr trails around hell hole?

lets do like gold lake or snake lake or hell hole in june if they are lower elevations then .

Would any of these be suitable for a noob in a stock XJ?

Gold lake would be a great place to go. There are a lot of easier trails there that I have not run as well as some harder ones. Also one of the best camping I have ever experienced, and I've been around.

Poker Flat would be a great day trip or weekend too. All stocker friendly

Last edited:
That's awesome count me in. I checked the calendar and didn't see the runs listed. Is there somewhere I need to RSVP and/or sign up?

Thanks!

Gold lake would be a great place to go. There are a lot of easier trails there that I have not run as well as some harder ones. Also one of the best camping I have ever experienced, and I've been around.

Poker Flat would be a great day trip or weekend too. All stocker friendly

That's awesome count me in. I checked the calendar and didn't see the runs listed. Is there somewhere I need to RSVP and/or sign up?

Thanks!

I will start new treads for each of my runs as they get closer. I will post up details about each run then including minimum requirements, camping spots, and trail details.

I would definately be interested in Snake Lake and Hell Hole.

Back