• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Placed some caches.

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
My wife and I took the kids and the dog up to Francis Peak and surrounding areas to place a couple caches. Couldn't get too far because the snow was just too deep.

There is one placed in this valley.
DSC_0218.jpg

A view of the radar towers.
DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

Like I said, the snow was really deep.
DSC_0220.jpg

SLC, sorry for the hazy pic. I was shooting into the sun and there was a lot of shmuck in the air.
DSC_0225.jpg

Up Close to the towers.
DSC_0224.jpg

This was the road going behind the towers(serious) obviously it will be awhile till we can get to the lakes there.
DSC_0223.jpg

sweet ryan, hopefully i'll have my exploring jeep done by then, cause i don't wanna trailer all over northern utah.

jmaxj said:
sweet ryan, hopefully i'll have my exploring jeep done by then, cause i don't wanna trailer all over northern utah.
The area we will be in you could just trailer it to my place and drive it to the trail. Its only 4 miles away and you could take the back roads. Once you are on Farmington canyon road you can go everywhere we will have caches placed without hitting pavement.

DrMoab said:
The area we will be in you could just trailer it to my place and drive it to the trail. Its only 4 miles away and you could take the back roads. Once you are on Farmington canyon road you can go everywhere we will have caches placed without hitting pavement.
i like that idea and besides who says i wanna take back roads? i'll drive 89:D don't know for how long though.

I love the shot of the Jeep next to the snow bank. Makes me want to head up there to see for myself. There are lakes up there? I have never really been past the towers

MoabXJeeper said:
I love the shot of the Jeep next to the snow bank. Makes me want to head up there to see for myself. There are lakes up there? I have never really been past the towers
Yeah but you wont get to them for another month or so.
Some older pics.
FrancisPeak013.jpg

FrancisPeak025.jpg

Back