• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunday Adopt A Trail Run Roll Call

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
So I can get an idea of (wo)manpower please RSVP.

Also this will help determine starting time so that those that are camping at Serrano can get out of their spots before checkout time.

Please be prepared with work gloves, sturdy shoes (no flip flops) extra water, etc.

Cal/Sequoia, either of you going to have your trailer?

Re: SUnday Adopt A Trail Run Roll Call

AYE...

I am in!

Hey Stephan, How long does it normally take to do the clean up?

Hey Stephan, How long does it normally take to do the clean up?

If we keep it down to minor maintenance it could be done within 4 hours. I haven't been on the trail since March when there was still 4' of snow on parts of the trail so I'm not entirely sure of what needs to be done.

If things take longer feel free to bug out early.

pretty good. I cant remember exactly but I think we had about 12 rigs and atleast 15 ppl. At the end, we arrived at Juniper Springs group campgrounds where we found a guy in a Toyota hitting golf balls into the meadow then his Toyota's starter solenoid was going bad (talk about karma).

We raffled off a trasharoo, t-shirts, and a gear install. It was a good day

pretty good. I cant remember exactly but I think we had about 12 rigs and atleast 15 ppl. At the end, we arrived at Juniper Springs group campgrounds where we found a guy in a Toyota hitting golf balls into the meadow then his Toyota's starter solenoid was going bad (talk about karma).

We raffled off a trasharoo, t-shirts, and a gear install. It was a good day

More than just the solenoid. When he did get it started it sounded like he was running on two cylinders.

How did the trail maintenance go?

It was fun, and as we were all typical jeepers, everyone tried to build a rock obstacle at the stream that had to be removed so fire trucks could drive down the road. I saw a few kid like smiling faces as well, when we rolled some boulders off the road and down the mountian.

It went like this:
Trail+Maintenance+-+32.jpg

And like this:
Trail+Maintenance+-+50.jpg

There was a lot of this:
Trail+Maintenance+-+58.jpg

And we even did some posing!:
Trail+Maintenance+-+37.jpg

(Yes John, I put your favorite shovel pic up)

Trail+Maintenance+-+94.jpg

More than just the solenoid. When he did get it started it sounded like he was running on two cylinders.

oh yea, indeed. Sounded horrible.

We had 27 people and will log 164 hours.

Good job everyone.

When are we going to do it again?

Back