• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event Information

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
SoCal Fest 2010
May 7 - 9, 2010
Big Bear, California

This is an official NAXJA event.

Required Equipment:

Please see the required equipment thread.

Planned activities, Friday:
Trail runs on San Bernardino National Forest, trails determined at Big Bear Discovery center, 9:00 am based on local conditions and event attendees. There will be trail runs for all attendees, guaranteed!

Planned activities, Saturday:
Trail runs on San Bernardino National Forest, trails determined at Big Bear Discovery center, 9:00 am based on local conditions and event attendees. There will be trail runs for all attendees, guaranteed!

Planned activities, Sunday:

Trail maintenance of NAXJA's adopted trail 2N04. If we have a large number of volunteers maintenance will be done quickly and trail runs may be scheduled after maintenance.

Meeting Places:

Friday and Saturday: Big Bear Discovery Center, 9.00am
Saturday Night Dinner/Raffle: NAXJA SoCal Fest Headquarters, Serrano Campground sites 81/82 & 84/85 (adjoining sites).
Sunday: Big Bear Ranger Station, 9.00am

Camping/Lodging:

Serrano Campgrounds, reserve a site between 067 - 101, see camping thread for more information.

CB Channel:

Primary and secondary CB Channels for each run will be determined at drivers' meetings.

Dinner:

Rick and Bonnie will be putting on an Italian Spaghetti themed dinner. As usual it will be quite delicious.
$10 for a generous serving of food.
$15 for a bottomless plate of food (free refills).
Pre-Pay available here.

Raffle:

There will be a raffle after Saturday's dinner, more information will come soon. Click here to Donate

Notes:

Big Bear ranges in elevation from 6,000 - 8,000 feet expect the possibility of snow patches and some cold weather. The event will happen regardless of weather, watch weather reports and pack accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several questions...

can you tell me what the costs involved are? is it just fuel, campground, and food, basically?

any fee's to go on trailrides or the raffle/dinner?

I have three daughters ranging from 4.5 to 6months. We're considering bringing the two older ones. Think they'd have a good time? They're already good campers!

pic. thread of the camping spots?

Fuel & food are somewhat mandatory costs. Campground's $28/night where the group is. Some folks stay at the Motel 6 in town, or at a friend's, etc. Some folks just drive up for the day (but from San Diego with younger kids, I'd think you'd be better off using the girls' camping skills.

The raffle & dinner are both optional; the raffle tickets will be for sale, as will the dinner tickets. There is no fee for the trail rides. I would presume your girls would have fun, as it's pretty & camp-esque up there. May be cold, may be balmy (it was beautiful last year, though!).

Fuel & food are somewhat mandatory costs. Campground's $28/night where the group is. Some folks stay at the Motel 6 in town, or at a friend's, etc. Some folks just drive up for the day (but from San Diego with younger kids, I'd think you'd be better off using the girls' camping skills.

The raffle & dinner are both optional; the raffle tickets will be for sale, as will the dinner tickets. There is no fee for the trail rides. I would presume your girls would have fun, as it's pretty & camp-esque up there. May be cold, may be balmy (it was beautiful last year, though!).

perfect. thank you, madam. :sunshine:

I did not know you were a" Madam" Carol Nice.....SANTA
Hey, if I was, I sure wouldn't be as broke as I usually am!! So I think that's one thing I'll have to declare myself innocent of...

Wow, Karen, I had no idea you thought like that! (Yeah...right). Actually, "pranking accordingly" could be about right, on some trips (like the one with the wandering gnome).

I might bring family up for day.

Back