• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for an XJ ARB Bumper

flash2pablo

NAXJA Forum User
I would really like to pick up an ARB Bumper from my XJ. If you have one you are thinking about selling please let me know.

Thanks,

PBen

I am looking to spend probably max of $350.00 on the ARB bumper if it is in good shape.

THanks,

PBen

I called the guy last night and I am going to look at it in about about an hour. I found it ten minutes after posting this thread!

I just went and looked at this Bumper it is'nt an ARB. It is a homemade winch bumper that uses the three stock bumper mount holes. I have a 2000 cherokee classic which is really straight, this bumper wouldn't look good on it.

The ARB bumpers a would probably be my last choice for a jeep that gets wheeled in the rocks. they are little more than heavy tin can and Ive seen several fold up under real use

This jeep is currently being used as a daily driver by my wife, a three inch lift is on the way and will be installed in the next two weeks.
It is a black Classic, and i think the ARB fits the style the best, until I go bigger down the road in a year or two.

PBen

Still why throw your money into something that wont protect her in an accident any better than the stock bumper? and then have to replace it in a year or 2? Trust me they are garbage

you may want to check tennesseeoffroad.com. Im pretty sure I saw one there in your price range.

I appreciate the links to some of the other forums. I find them to be a great place to find parts and information.
I still haven't found a bumper in my budget yet, but I am gonna keep looking.

Thanks.

FYI there was another thread about the arbs not haing real d-ring pull points they have some loop underneather but they were designed for a highlift jacking point not a pull point. i was glad i bought a used Warn after finding that out..

rockwerks said:
Still why throw your money into something that wont protect her in an accident any better than the stock bumper? and then have to replace it in a year or 2? Trust me they are garbage

I've had mine 2 years and still going strong. I'm not sure how long the guy before me had it. I've plowed about everything with it too :D

Ex CCS Racer said:
I've had mine 2 years and still going strong. I'm not sure how long the guy before me had it. I've plowed about everything with it too :D

sure........grass...........weeds................tumble weeds........maybe a bit of mud............... ON one trip I saw 2 of 2 fold up under the kind of use we put them through in the west. One bent clear back to the tire the other up into the grill. See I use my bumpers as a to push up and onto obstacles, my 2 protofab bumpers have never let me down

I 100% AGREE about getting another other bumper besides the ARB for rocks... but I 89.54% DISAGREE about them folding like an aluminum can..

I beat mine for over a year (same way you did to push up and onto rocks)... Tellico, DPG, Callalantee, etc.... all big rocks and I didnt baby it.. It didn't bend but sure got banged around a lot and picked up a few dents.. but stayed perfectly straight.

I think they look great on a Daily Driver.. just not ideal for offroad applications.

But then again our East Coast rocks are much softer then the west coast's version :gee:

Back