• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deal!! 99xj 35s locked,++mods $4k

JLane99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
bump for an awesome rig.... wheeled with him before definently a steal for whoever gets it..... whatcha wheelin now lane?

You know I'd buy it if only my other XJ was stock, no use in two built ones, errr.

Zach

shortxjdoug said:
bump for an awesome rig.... wheeled with him before definently a steal for whoever gets it..... whatcha wheelin now lane?

Thanks Doug!

i've got another jeep/thing project that i'll eventually finish..

its a '89 Grand Waggy 360/727/np241/d44s, 39 iroks--soon to be minus its
body and get pimped with a cut-up MJ cab and cage tubing..

but i traded my tow rig on a new VW jetta tdi (50mpg-desiel!!!),
--so i evaluated the feasability of having the '99 and determined that i may be able to afford a cheap pickup and trailer to haul the other rig with so thats where i'm at...

i drove the 99 the other day for the 1st time in probly a month.. (it ran fine, btw)
-- its showing a 1/4 tank of fuel on a tank that i purchased back in Nov. around thanksgiving, just to give you an idea of how little i drive it..

FoggyHollow said:
would ya trade for a YJ? Where in AL are ya?

maybe..
what kinda specs does the YJ have?

i'd rather it be stock (ie: easier to sale)

near Gadsden, Glencoe

surely from the pics you can tell and from those that have seen me drive this thing on the trail, it has been used maybe even slightly abused (well maybe at times more than slightly abused)
but let me give ya the run down on the history of this jeep.

i bought it used from a local dealer (it was a lease turn in)
-some lady in huntsville al, owned/leased it for 3 yrs (98-till late 2000)

i bought it in early 2001, with around 36,000 miles on the od (still stock)

i drove it stock for about 2 yrs,
-then did a RUSTY'S 3" lift and 31 bfg ats, ran that lift and tires for about a yr and half (still mostly as a daily driver)
then i bought a 2nd car and went to 4.5" rusty's coils full pack in rear, new shocks and custom drop brackets and control arms. on 33 bfg muds, added a front Lock-right..
-it then was a 1/2 daily driver for about a year..
--then i sold the 33s
bought the rear dana44, regeared both axles, added 1.75" spacers, MJ leaves longer shackles, 6" lift shocks, and various other mods over a period of about 4-5 months, during that time it mostly sat either in the driveway on jackstands or between mods at frankie fountains shop, it got the occassional drive around town and short trial ride on some local spots and a couple trips to tellico over the last few yrs, but mostly its been a trail-only vehicle.
in the spring of 2006 i trailered it to NM (Las-Cruces), where it got most of its body damage you see in the pics (there are lots of sheetmetal eating rocks out there)
-then i came back home in july and made the latest Cherokee Crawl, then for about a month my dad drove it to and from work, as he needed it for transportation due to his truck being broken down/in the shop. and since then i've driven it maybe 10 times, around my neighborhood, to the store etc..

in the last couple yrs i've replaced the starter, alternator, radiator and hoses, belt, cleaned and regapped the plugs, during my ownership of the jeep, i've service the trans/t-case and axles annually, and oil changes regularly at 3k miles or 3 months,
tho it may look rough it is very mechanically sound..

FoggyHollow said:
I am interested..... I live near you. Gimme a call.....7708539624 or 2564471563 (Frankie)

pm'd ya back

ttt

osweezea said:
sorry, i'm a newbie, but I haven't found the pics, any help?
same pics thats been posted dozenXs already but here ya go..

514361_44_full.jpg

514361_45_full.jpg

thanks for lookin:wave:

ttt

lol funny guys...
buncha cheapa$$es wantin somethin for nothin..

maybe i should sell raffel tickets and the winner takes it home after the crawl??
-
only thing is whomever might win would likely complain about something like the paint isn't shiney and whats with all these dents and scratches.. lol

Its got a dent? I'm out...:laugh3:

JLane99XJ said:
lol funny guys...
buncha cheapa$$es wantin somethin for nothin..

maybe i should sell raffel tickets and the winner takes it home after the crawl??
-
only thing is whomever might win would likely complain about something like the paint isn't shiney and whats with all these dents and scratches.. lol

want mine? 5 inches on 31's locked front :D i'll trade you straight up

shortxjdoug said:
want mine? 5 inches on 31's locked front :D i'll trade you straight up

that would be goin backwards, sorry no deal

but i like you're jeep, & my jeep wants to mount yours, yours is a girl right? :)

JLane99XJ said:
that would be goin backwards, sorry no deal

but i like you're jeep, & my jeep wants to mount yours, yours is a girl right? :)

actually my girlfriend did give it a girl name, maybe we can breed them and make more jeeps....

Back