NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > South East Chapter > SEC For Sale / Wanted Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SEC For Sale / Wanted Forum This forum is for SE Chapter members to buy and sell XJ parts.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:25
NAXJA Forum User

1 ton MJ/ ECORS race truck for sale

The time has come to let my MJ find a new home. I recently repaired the front suspension from last years final race and she fired right up without any drama. She is ready to rip up the track or the trail.

We will be taking a break from racing/wheeling for a bit and I hate to have something just sitting around my house. I built this over the last 2 winters and it has help up wonderfully. I have a shelf full of trophies from various 4x4 competitions and races that the Manche won me. Now it's someone else's turn.

Here's the specs:

-90 MJ, bobbed with a 109" ish wheelbase.

-3 link with coils front and a SOA in the rear with a traction bar. All links are 1.75" x 1/4" DOM with 7/8" heims

-4.8 liter stroker built by Reeves Racing Engines in Asheville. Frikkin' stout, Brown Dog top shelf motor mount bracketry

-Stock AW4, cooler, NP231/ Dana 300 doubler. 32 spline outputs, stock gearing in each. This sucker will climb a wall in double-low. Choose 107:1 or 40:1 depending on terrain.

-1350 Oliver's CV rear, stock XJ front shaft (cheap spares)

-Narrowed Chevy 60 front, 65" wide, 5.38's, Lockrite, 35 spine shafts, ECGS flanges, high steer, Solid cover

-Cab and chassis 14 bolt (64" wide), 5.38's, Grizzly, disc brakes, partial shave (1") Solid cover

-Hydro assist, cooler, all 1/4" DOM steering, you can turn this truck with 1 finger in double low, downhill

-Aluminum 12 gallon fuel cell, Walbro pump, pre and post filters

-39 BFG Krawlers on DIY beadlocks. Each tire is 90% or better. Spare is a 39 Krawler on a Trailready aluminum beadlock with 50% wear

-Suspension seats and harnesses (needs crotch strap to be ECORS 2012 legal). Seats tied to chassis, not floor

-Front winch bumper with TMaxx 9k winch with synthetic rope

-Trailgear sliders with exo cage. All 1.5" DOM

The issues I know of: doubler and tranny leak a little. Front diff cover seeps a little, floorpans are pretty thin in places (seats are tied to chassis).

I would hop in this rig as it sits, pay to enter the rest of the ECORS races and you WILL be competitive. Or just wheel the truck as hard as you want.

$8500 in Asheville. Call me at 828-231-9872 if you are serious
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:58
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 1 ton MJ/ ECORS race truck for sale

WOW nicely built MJ from the sounds of it!!!

Got some pics you could post up?