• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deal!! 99xj 35s locked,++mods $4k

dietschs95yj said:
Still for sale? Trade for a 2004 polaris 500 H.O 4X4?

yeah its still forsale,

no thanks on that trade i've already got a 2000 polaris sportman 500 4x4, that is barely riden..

i need a good/reliable (running) 2wd pickup 1/2 ton or better a 3/4 ton & a dual axle trailer,
may consider either of those as partial trades

don't look like i'll make it to the crawl this time...

for sale NOW!!
need $$ -- offers??

shortxjdoug said:
damn you still haven't sold it? if i had the $$ id buy it in a second its a damn good rig...

thanks doug..

haven't been really proactive in trying to sell it, but that has changed, its parked in my front yard with a for-sale sign..

- i may have to spend a few bucks getting some minor body work done to "Purdy" it up a bit so it will sell..
but for the $ i'm asking i shouldn't have to
-the price is cheap, if its based on all of the mechanical upgrades and mechanical condition it would be alot higher,
-- but i'm not one of these guys that thinks every additional dime they pump into a rig adds to the resale price, if that were the case all of the time i've spent wrenching fabbing and customizing would bring the price up considerably--
if someone is lookin for a "Show-rig" This Ain't it,
-but if you want a rig you can put the skinny pedal down and have some major fun in this is IT!

just added new front bump-stops the other day and new rear shackles to get more flex from the rear...
-its a work in progress trying to perfectly refine everything so it performs its best offroad,
-but don't take that statement wrong "it is a "Complete Rig" and is ready for the trails or a highway trip at whatever speed you wanna drive.
@ 60, 70mph: sure, 80mph yeah it'll do 85 or 90-- is it safe without any anit-roll-sway devices, not really, but with the 4.88 gears the regularly maintenanced 100k mile engine and trans will turn the 35s and get ya where ever you wanna go at nearly the same performance/economy as it was stock on p235s with 30k miles..

Do you still have this thing for sale? I am down in Florida and would like to talk to you about the rig. Send me an email when you get some time. [email protected]. I have a 1998 Yukon right now that is up for sale and I am looking for an XJ. I used to have a 1996 2dr, and yes as my screen name states it did have a 100 shot of nitrous (really not necessary). Anywho, I assume you've had the rig since new? Also, any mechanical trouble with it? Looks like you have both sway bars out or do you have disco's on the front.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,

Jamie Shreeves

i'm the 2nd owner of this jeep, the original 34k miles was put on it by a lady in Madison County Alabama (near huntsville) it was a 36month lease and it was turned in, auctioned, and resold to me by a Gadsden AL local used car dealer in late 2001.

no mechanical problems to speak of, the engine, tranny & t-case are all stock and have never had any problems.
over the last couple yrs minor components have been replaced, power-steering pump, altenator, starter and radiator to name a few.

no anti-sway bars are on the vehicle so highway driving daily wouldn't be recommended but i have done it, rarely i've driven the 1 hour + commute from home to work along interstates at speeds of >70mph (the speedo gear has been matched to the gearing and tire-size so the odometer and speedometer readings are correct (gps verified)

anytime you get ready to come get it bring a trailer & $$ i'm sure that 98 yukon will make the pull from alabama to florida, no problem :)

Check your pm's, I have cash in hand an I'm willing to make you a serious offer.

ferret063 said:
anybody heard if this has sold or not?

still for sale
money talks

someGUY said:
Hey man, I'm pretty interested in the xj you have for sale. I just have a few questions about it. Is there any rust where its been dented? What kind of lift is it? Has it ever been wrecked? Does water leak in around the door seals or the back window where the plexiglass is? How much tread is left on the tires? What kind of bumpers and sliders does it have? Any skids? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you for your time.

some guy ;

Q:Is there any rust where its been dented?
-A: just slight surface rust. any bare metal that was exposed from rock-rash has been coated w/ gloss black, but only a light coat, so it doesn't have that "rattle-can paint job look" -dents&scratches/battle scars add character..

Q:Has it ever been wrecked?
-A: Yes, while it was stock /my daily driver, a lady driving a small ford car made the mistake of pulling out in front of me at an intersection while i was driving 40 mph on wet paving, i hit the brake and swerved slightly hitting her car at the b-pillar (between the front and rear doors)- it did $1,700 to the jeep which was repaired at Peirson's Chevrolet in Gadsden, the grill front bumper(stock-now replaced) hood, radiator, driverside fender/flare, driverside headlight & bezel etc minor body work and paint, not structural frame or suspension components were damaged. And NO airbags were deployed, the actually impact was light because of the angle of the impact and the fact the car was small and the road was wet, so it simplished pushed the car out of the way without a "big bang".

Q:Does water leak in around the door seals or the back window where the plexiglass is?
A: No, i cut the plexi-glass to the same size as the replacemnet glass (which i have still boxed up ready to be installed) and the plexi-glass fit right into the opening using the original window rubber molding.

Q:How much tread is left on the tires?
A: i've not actually measured them lately, probly 50% left, or at least 40%- they're the Old BFG mudterrain t/a (non KM) i bought them used from a friend that moved up to 37"iroks on his YJ.

Q:What kind of bumpers and sliders does it have? Any skids?
A: the front and rear bumpers are custom, a machinist friend helped me build the front, i built the rear, it incorporates the rear tire swingout spare carrier and the rear shackle hangers for the rear leaves.
sliders wewre custom built by a local welding shop made of 2x2 1/4" wall steel tubing, bolted to frame and pinch seam. very rigid
the only skid is the peice of 1/4" steel tread plate that i custom fabbed that is mounted behind the stock x-member to protect the t-case.

Q:What kind of lift is it?
A: Custom~~
the rear:
MJ-Commanchee truck leaves with custom 4 degree 1" anti-wrap blocks and Full-size waggy long 3" Add-a-leaves, with rusty's greasable rear lift shackles (net lift aprox 6"
shocks rancho rs5000s
the front:
4.5" rusty's xj coils w/ 1.75" poly perf. spacers
upper control arms = rusty's adjustable UCAs
lower control arms = Customized fixed rubber bushing dom tubing sleeved toyota 4-runner rear lower contol arms, (cut to proper length, sleeved with dom and rewelded). with custom built (by machinist friend) Lower Control arm 1.5" Drop brackets (net lift is aprox 6")
shocks rusty's 6" hydros

the lift works really well now and has been a trial and error process over the last 4 yrs that has resulted in a fair on-road ride quality and very stable and balanced off-road ride with very good flex that provides a lower center of gravity over most lifted XJs on 35s or bigger tires because of the low height of the lift (most xjs on 35s usually have over 6" lifts which raises the c.o.g.)

Still have a Ford Lightning pick up I'll trade straight up if you deliver to Knoxville. Runs great and is a capable dd.

ttt

cash?

JLane99XJ said:
ttt

cash?

still for sale..Hasta

no time to play with this toy,
it hasn't seen any trails in over a year..
it rarely gets driven,
aside for the ocassional quick trip to the store and back home,
- although i did drive it around the county for work all day last tues,
i put aprox 150 road miles on it, some highway and she runs and drives just fine..

$4000-obo!
256 441 4817
Lane

page 4 to 1-- heave!!

REALLY need to SELL!! $$

money is tight need to sell this rig!!

i don't want to sell it but my financial situation is not good these days..

the rig as i've said all along is in very good mechanical condition, Despite the rough appearance of the body..

read thru all the posts in this thread plase if you're interested in buying feel free to call and ask questions..

$4000 obo!
Lane
256 441 4817

Back