• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help helping out a marine with his Jeep (It is a surprise!)

Hello all!

My friend Sam has a friend Named Joe (one of them deals) Joe is in the Marines and has been stationed overseas. He is coming home for Christmas this year and his dad decided to scrape some money together to buy him a Jeep and surprise him with it. Joe's dad was clueless about jeeps and was about to buy him some junk.

Sam decided to help out and found him a Jeep on Craigs List. Last Tuesday we drove 360 miles to pick it up using my trailer and Sam's truck. With a 2k budget we got him this:
309724_282345491804662_100000876414787_811273_60633629_n.jpg

It is a 2000 sport with 190k on it. 3" lift with 31" sst's. It is a nice jeep but needs some work. Sam wants to fix it up for him before he is surprised with it. The issues it has are:
1.Drivers seat is trashed... like the back is broke off and the mounts are broke off the floor. Just a few weeks ago I gave some seats away to Jim on here:jester: O well I had no way of knowing. So something for cheap or free would be awesome!

2. The blower motor doesnt work at all. Any ideas? I have a blower out of my 98 but hopefully it is something easier than replacin that!

3. Tires are pretty wore out. Maybe 15% left. Looking for some 30-32" ATs. He is going to drive this back to 29 Palms in Claifornia at the end of his leave. We dont expect something like this for free, but what kind of deal do you have?

4. Any other parts for an XJ that would make it cooler/better let me know.

Jeep is located in Mattoon IL. Parts closer to there wold be awesome!

Joe is the kind of guy who loves being a Marine and serving his country. This is our way of thanking him. Thanks for anything you can offer, rather it be parts or advice. Thank you and God Bless America!:patriot:

Last edited:
Hello all!

My friend Sam has a friend Named Joe (one of them deals) Joe is in he Marines and has been stationed overseas. He is coming home for Christmas this year and his dad decided to scrape some money together to buy him a Jeep. and surprise him with it. Joe's dad was clueless about jeeps and was about to buy him some junk.

Sam decided to help out and found him a Jeep on Craigs List. Last Tuesday we drove 360 miles to pick it up using my trailer and Sam's truck. With a 2k budget we got him this:
309724_282345491804662_100000876414787_811273_60633629_n.jpg

It is a 2000 sport with 190k on it. 3" lift with 31" sst's. It is a nice jeep but needs some work. Sam wants to fix it up for him before he is surprised with it. The issues it has are:
1.Drivers seat is trashed... like the back is broke off and the mounts are broke off the floor. Just a few weeks ago I gave some seats away to Jim on here:jester: O well I had no way of knowing. So something for cheap or free would be awesome!

2. The blower motor doesnt work at all. Any ideas? I have a blower out of my 98 but hopefully it is something easier than replacin that!

3. Tires are pretty wore out. Maybe 15% left. Looking for some 30-32" ATs. He is going to drive this back to 29 Palms in Claifornia at the end of his leave. We dont expect something like this for free, but what kind of deal do you have?

4. Any other parts for an XJ that would make it cooler/better let me know.

Joe is the kind of guy who loves being a Marine and serving his country. This is our way of thanking him. Thanks for anything you can offer, rather it be parts or advice. Thank you and God Bless America!:patriot:

Whats going on?...I just wanted to say OOH RAH!! Im a former Marine myself... just got out last year... I think that is really frickin awesome what you guys are doing for that fellow devil dog... Keep us posted...Ill help out any chance I can. Semper Fi!!! :cheers:

Whats going on?...I just wanted to say OOH RAH!! Im a former Marine myself... just got out last year... I think that is really frickin awesome what you guys are doing for that fellow devil dog... Keep us posted...Ill help out any chance I can. Semper Fi!!! :cheers:
Thanks for the support!
I ment to put this in the main midwest section. Think it would get more attention there then in the classified section? If so could the mods move it?

blower could be the resistor...mine burned out and i had to replace the thermal fuse. the new resistor was kind of expensive, but the actual fuse (part of the resistor) was like a buck from radio shack. i soldered it in and it was good as new. try putting 12v to the blower motor directly and see if it spins...if it does, then its the resistor. i have a write up somewhere if i can find it

blower could be the resistor...mine burned out and i had to replace the thermal fuse. the new resistor was kind of expensive, but the actual fuse (part of the resistor) was like a buck from radio shack. i soldered it in and it was good as new. try putting 12v to the blower motor directly and see if it spins...if it does, then its the resistor. i have a write up somewhere if i can find it

this.
there should be 12 volts somewhere at the blower motor plug. I don't know anything about the 200 plug though, you'll have to find it with a test light.

short jumper wire will get the job done.

and you might want to pull the HVAC controls and look at the plugs in the back. I'll bet they're melted....

I will take pics of an easy fix for the seat bracket. Just went through that myself.

what color is the interior?
Seats are gray with black backs but any color would work! The seats I gave away were that cloor too lol
this.
there should be 12 volts somewhere at the blower motor plug. I don't know anything about the 200 plug though, you'll have to find it with a test light.

short jumper wire will get the job done.

and you might want to pull the HVAC controls and look at the plugs in the back. I'll bet they're melted....
Ill try all this. I have a switch control also if it needs it! :rof:

Hey Dozer!

Before you tear the blower or dash apart.

My wife's 2000 had a problem with the blower motor not working all the time and then sometimes it would just stop working all together.

After a lot of searching and stuff it turned out to be the plug that goes into the blower that had poor contact.

Pop the hood and at the back of the blower on the pass side you'll see where it plugs in. Have the fan on w/power to it then wiggle or try and unplug it.

I finally got it to make a good contact and it hasn't quit running again yet.

Hey Dozer!

Before you tear the blower or dash apart.

My wife's 2000 had a problem with the blower motor not working all the time and then sometimes it would just stop working all together.

After a lot of searching and stuff it turned out to be the plug that goes into the blower that had poor contact.

Pop the hood and at the back of the blower on the pass side you'll see where it plugs in. Have the fan on w/power to it then wiggle or try and unplug it.

I finally got it to make a good contact and it hasn't quit running again yet.
Thanks for the help! Thats good news!

I got a rockratz spare tire carrier. Mounts to the roof rack rails.

I have some seats that i can donate. Only thing is i am in cincinnati ohio. If you know anyone this way who is heading your way they can come and pick them up and take to you. I will get you some pictures in a little bit. They are comming out of a 2001 pass side needs cleaned. But seem to be in good shape. That is if you are interested. If so let me know.

I have some seats that i can donate. Only thing is i am in cincinnati ohio. If you know anyone this way who is heading your way they can come and pick them up and take to you. I will get you some pictures in a little bit. They are comming out of a 2001 pass side needs cleaned. But seem to be in good shape. That is if you are interested. If so let me know.

Thanks for the offer but we found some real nice seats locally and put them in last night :) now for some tires and he is set!

Back