• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

N. Adams, MA is a potential wheeling hot spot!

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
We just returned from an attempt to run a challenging trail in southern VT, only a short ride from the quaint town of N. Adams, MA. Our stock but armored '01 UpCountry XJ on 30" MT's was ill-equipped to conquer the muddy boulder-ridden slopes, so we decided to retreat after making it about 1/4 of the way through. I am anxious to give it another go in my larger Jeep, and definitely consider the Berkshire & Green mountains a place to return to as part of an official NAXJA-NAC run.

The group was a large conglomeration of built Jeeps (approximately 20,) mostly of the SWB variety. The 3 mild XJ's in the group turned back, but the 2 harder-core rigs continued on. I would consider the trail moderate when dry, but definitely difficult when wet, as it was for us. Our fearless guide Earle from RI is continuously scouting out new trails in the area, so I would like to propose a scheduled NAXJA run there sometime in the spring.

Mark,
WHat the hell was the name of that trail anyhow? man it should have a name something like, "Hades" or "goddamnwetandmuddysunuvabitchsteepasshill"

I will be back with REAL tires and a locker or two....heh heh, best of all, my judgment-impaired obsession with goingback is at leat a tax write off LOL!!

Talk to you soon....
RJ

agreed

That trail was just too difficult for us to pass through... I think we could have made it, but i wanted to get home at a decent time. I think by the time i go back I will have 5" of lift and maybe a locker in the rear. Depends how my job search goes.
~Joe~

Damn, I forgot to log in on that last post....anyhow...I've already put the numbers together for the new RE 4.5" kit...by spring...but the TSL's will be on much sooner.

RJ

Re: agreed

[quote:4e1eeaa72b="Joe R."]That trail was just too difficult for us to pass through... I think we could have made it, but i wanted to get home at a decent time. I think by the time i go back I will have 5" of lift and maybe a locker in the rear. Depends how my job search goes.
~Joe~[/quote:4e1eeaa72b]

Joe, you've got a decent lift and decent tires. If it were my call, I'd do the locker before adding more lift. I think you'll get more "bang for the buck."

Back