• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Report, please.

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
So, how was Mohawk Madness? Did it rain as usual? Any breakage (especially Steve?) How'd the trail rig work out, Mike? I miss the NAC!

I thought it was great. i only went for the day on sat and ran with the moderate group. The only major breakage we had was a CJ that wouldn't run. Although it was probably because the wiring of the rig was questionable. We ran both sides of sucker pond with lots of mud. Thanks for a day of fun Mike! :cheers:

John

Hi Mark! I have a few pic's up HERE. Steve wasn't there, and nobody that I know broke anything except for that Yellow CJ that kept stalling and needing a jumpstart. Mike had an event with his broken rear hatch that I didn't see, but maybe he can tell about that. :roll:

It was a beautiful, sunny, and VERY muddy weekend! :D The campsite was great (no bugs!) and the trails were awesome. I got there about 9 Saturday morning and we broke into 3 groups, the moderate group (no stockers showed up) had about 10 rigs and we went around the sucker pond trail. Mike went with just a few people to explore a trail he had seen on an old topo map, and the hardcore group went on the Boulder trail (I think), there were about 20 rigs total.

There were only about 10 rigs for wheeling Sunday. We broke into 2 groups, 4 Jeeps went to a steep hillclimb. And Mike led the rest of us back up the road they scouted on Saturday to sontinue past where they had turned around and plot it on GPS and see if it connected to a trail to the top of a mountain he wanted to get to. It turned into a pretty gnarly trail with lots of thick mud coating large rocks and a few tight squeezes and it was a blast! We went down a trail that came up the other flank of the mountain and on the way down ran into a guy out on his dirtbkie who was a good freind of the land owner. He had cleared some of the trails in the area and had been riding and sledding there for 30 years, he was a very freindly guy and he actually said he was glad someone was using the trails he cleared, how cool is that!?!

Overall it was an awesome weekend and big thanks to Mike for organizing it and reserving the group site and for finding great trails like the one we were on Sunday! :thumbup:

-Bic

Last edited:
I heard that! I don't break everytime. I couldn't make it because I went on a "Mud Madness" event with a club I belong to. But since you asked.

On Saturday I twisted the rear driveshaft until it fell out of the slip yoke. Then I broke a right front axle shaft, and mangled my roof rack. Then I basically hit a vertical wall when trying to power through a mud obstacle and took out the front bumper, grill, headlight, marker, and everything on the left front. I was basically 'out of my league' because I was running with mostly v8 Jeeps with 37's, but I was hanging with them :)

Sunday I bent a tie-rod, Ox Locker started mis-behaving, and fried my original motor mounts.

Next weekend I have to go the junkyard and re-stock my spare parts, and begin a month long driveway build-back.

You certainly live up to your moniker, Steve; have fun rebuilding. I'm glad to hear everyone had an awesome time, and that the weather cooperated for once. We've been having heavy thunderstorms and tornadoes out here in the midwest this past week and weekend, but it should be clearing up this week. Its great that you guys are discovering more trails in that area... should make for a great official NAXJA event at some point. I hope to make it back there eventually, I really miss the wheeling, scenery and camaraderie.

Back