• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caravans

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
well looks like a trailer is falling thru and it looks like i'll be driving my rig there (my girl's gonna love this:wow:) soo i'm leaving from RI and plan to get ther some time wed. afternoon/night. just wondering who is also leaving from the north that may want to meet and caravan down.

-Brandon-

i belive griz and justpunchit are headin down early wendsday, i dont know when im headin down, in disposed to be catchin a ride wit NHrocker

don't think griz is gonna end up making it but i'm still looking from company on the ride someone has got to caravan with me:wave:

sure looking at the mapquest directions it looks like i'm on 95 thru conn. not sure how you guys go to get there. 95 is like 15 min from my house so we can meet where ever is good. is griz comming now last i talked to him he said he wasn't sure and might not be able to go.

last time i talked to Eric, him and Griz were not going, thats why i'm not going to make it, justpunchit was going to trailer me down with him, since he backed out, i just don't want to drive 5-6 hours by myself.

mack said:
last time i talked to Eric, him and Griz were not going, thats why i'm not going to make it, justpunchit was going to trailer me down with him, since he backed out, i just don't want to drive 5-6 hours by myself.

What am I.. chopped Liver?

that, and a lack of funds....

this is how i plan to go if you know where i can jump off and meet anyone let me know.
9: Merge onto I-95 S toward WESTERLY / CONNECTICUT (Passing through CONNECTICUT- then crossing into NEW YORK). 126.4 miles Map
space_white

10: Take the I-287 W exit- EXIT 21- toward WHITE PLAINS / TAPPAN ZEE BR. 0.1 miles Map
space_white

11: Merge onto I-287 W / CROSS WESTCHESTER EXPY. <0.1 miles Map
space_white

12: Merge onto I-287 W (Portions toll). 29.5 miles Map
space_white

13: Merge onto I-287 S via EXIT 15 toward NEW JERSEY (Crossing into NEW JERSEY). 26.1 miles Map
space_white

14: Merge onto I-80 W via EXIT 41B toward DEL WATER GAP (Portions toll) (Crossing into PENNSYLVANIA). 95.4 miles Map
space_white

15: Merge onto I-81 S via EXIT 260A toward HARRISBURG. 8.1 miles Map
space_white

16: Take the PA-924 exit- EXIT 143- toward HAZLETON. 0.2 miles Map
space_white

17: Merge onto PA-924 S toward HUMBOLDT / SHENANDOAH. 3.1 miles Map
space_white

18: Turn LEFT onto OAK RIDGE RD. 0.6 miles Map
space_white

19: End at 598 Oakridge Rd
Hazleton, PA 18202-9361, US

Shame there's no easy way from R.I. to get to I-84 near Waterbury (or I-681 near Meriden). Then you could run a smooth 84 all the way into Scranton to get to I-81 South to Hazleton.

MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better ride (even though a few miles more) than western CT on 95, across the Tappan Zee, 287 down to 80 west through Stroudsburg). That way is going to suck big time anytime during daylight hours, especially later in the afternoon!

Then again, who knows with the way road construction is going on the Interstates these days. Even the normally open runs are getting hosed from time to time.

At least you'll have a nice weekend in Paragon at 2mph.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

bj-666 said:
sissys if i'm gonna drive 5-6 hrs so can anyone.

EXACTLY!!!!

now all these bastids up here are backing out... i'll stil be there even if it means driving the Yota and riding beotch with someone..

Hey Ryan and Brandon, what time are you 2 meetin up, cause Rob squared wants to head down with yalls.

Why are so many guys backing out? I've still got a list of stuff I need to do to my rig and I still plan on being there! I thought I was going to be driving down with all you guys wednesday, but now it looks like we'll only be able to meet up with Brandon...what's up with that?

anyone passing by Gizz wanna pick up my new spare from him? :) and quit being such bioches and go to nacfest

here is my cell if anyone can help with the spare pickup or wants to meet and caravan give me a jingle (401) 309-9216 and o yea i'm Brandon.

Last edited:
Grizz PM'd me about picking up the tire on my way through. As of right now I'm picking up the other rob (robz95xj) on my way through Keene, then if all works out, hopefully grabbing the spare from Grizz and heading down towards you to drive down together. I'm still working on my rig (and the pouring rain isn't helping...) so Grizz told me to let him know if I can't make if for any reason. You can PM me or talk to Rob about the when/where's, cause I'm pretty busy trying to finish stuff up, but he always seems to be on :laugh3: I figure since I know he's already been keeping track of what's going on all he has to do is tell me when to pick him up Wed. morning and where to go.

Yeah like Mike said (Thanks) I had to back out earlier this week. I would love to go but I just can't justify it right now. I mean the XJ is still on jack stands in the garage from the B4W run 2 weeks ago.

Back