• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R&V LABOR DAY weekend

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
Mac is out due to baby obligations.

I have sundays mondays and tuesdays off work naturally.

the past 2 years I've set this trip to correspond with my days off of work so that I don't have to take vacation time.

I'm thinking that maybe labor day weekend would be the best time to do this. arrive at my house on sunday, have a fire and beers sunday night and go to the park on monday, then more beers and fire monday night.

whatcha think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: R&V dates?

Labor day is September 3rd. My dumass had to Google it.

That seems like it may work well for me. Gives me a few weeks to recover financially from this wedding.

In the spirit of giving your brain the benefit of the doubt, the date changes every year...So you got that goin for ya.

And to keep it on topic, I won't be making this. I have a buddy from home making the trip up here to visit that weekend.

For some reason I though Labor day was in August... September just increased my chances of going...

I've never been to Michigan, whats the weather like there around that time??

Check ferry prices. It's steep.

It would work better for me if I came Saturday and wheeled/hungout Sunday/Monday and left Monday after wheeling, or super early Tuesday morning... (work at 3:30pm Tuesday)

Tara and I may be able to make this one being it is a holiday weekend.

Jennie Has labor day weekend off, but we can't wheel monday, she's got to be back Tues.

So, we would be in for coming up saturday, wheeling sunday and having a party and coming back Monday.

don't worry, I'm sure T will be ok without you there when we arrive. ;)

Okay, for some strange line up of the planets I was able to get Saturday off. I will have Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off.

Anyone that wishes to arrive Friday you are welcome to. Plenty of room to camp.

I'm going to call Ron at R&V to see if a night run might be possable Saturday night.

Wheel Saturday/Sunday.

There is a club challenge Saturday, maybe we can get into that.

Back