• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injectors need help

stevmav

NAXJA Forum User
this weeked some frends are going to do my 01 intake swop,on my 98,and install header.my? is i have a new set of ford injectors,that are 24 lbs x 39psi
the injectors on my 98 are 49 psi x 23.2 lbs,is there something bad going to happen when hit them with 9psi more?

thanks for you time steve n

It's a waste of fuel. The 24lb injectors aren't going to get you anything. You don't need them untill you stroke it. At least in my opinion.

Parakeet

The Ford injectors will survive fine under the higher pressure, but, as stated above, with the stock short block/cam/head, you can't use the extra fuel. The computer will dial it back as much as it can, and the rest gets blown out the exhaust.

ok thanks guys,i"ll head your advice,just got a set for free,thinking what to do with them now? thanks steve n

sorry one more q? will 19lbs inj ford do me any good i have way more psi than they need,iam after more mpg.thanks for your time steve n

Back