• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB/sell/trade: rear tire carrier bumper

katuah

NAXJA Forum User
I have a custom rear tire carrier bumper that was constructed on a base of a C-Rok 4x4 bumper. It was rebuilt to move the tire down and to the drivers side for visibility, and with a tray to hold two Scepter-size jerry cans.

For various reasons, I want to do the rear lower quarter panel cut-and-fold and I can't with this bumper because of the (nice, but not what I need) armor side extensions.

So I want to buy a rear tire carrier bumper, that also holds at least one Scepter can, that is specifically set up for the cut-and-fold quarters - and sell this one - or just trade, if you are interested.

Unless you custom made one, I think the only companies that ever made what I'm looking for are AJ's offroad armor, and DirtBound.

When I find one, I will note it on this thread, so if it's still here and doesn't say anything, I'm still looking.

In the meantime, I will also entertain offers for my current bumper. Say $800.

Im in the NC Triangle, but I like to drive.

Can you just pull the custom tire carrier (presumably swing out) off this C-Rock, sell the C-Rock, and then install the swing out on a new bumper?

Just tossing out ideas.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think so. We also "customized" the mounting brackets on the bumper, and the C-Rok already did the mounting thing a bit differently from most tire carrier bumpers. the hassle of trying to duplicate the mount setup on a different bumper would exceed my willingness-to-effort level. What I might do is pull the entire thing off and try to "edit" the side armor, although I doubt I'd be able to get it to come out very cleanly.

Back