• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good news and Bad news

wingnutooa

NAXJA Forum User
good news and bad news.
the bad news is the stroker is on hold for an unknown amount of time.

the good news is that after pulling the distributor cap and turning it over i've come to the conclusion that my suspicions were right and it is the timing chain.
so that will be fixed before the Sand Run.
and i pulled it around my work a little today from building to building and had to get a picture.

yeah twas a little jealous.

it was also jealous of the fact that it's going to be getting a stroker.

however the silver one is jealous because the green one is a HO and it actually runs.

i only pulled it from one building to the next.

i only pulled it from one building to the next.

MORE GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!

the bad news is my timing chain and cam are both toast and i cant return either of them. and now i have to do an engine swap so i can go on the sand run.

the good news is i have an engine to swap in and the other good news is, the stroker is back on the front burner.

Was the cam bolt left loose, or did the cam seize?? And the rub marks on the timing cover where the belt was against it are ominous...especially since it doesn't look like the belt was rubbing because the harmonic balancer was trying to come apart...hope the thrust bearing on the crank isn't shot...either way it ain't a pretty sight.

i'm sure i tightened it but should've put loctite on it i guess.

nothing to blame here but human error. my screw up, my money, my down time...

oh well.

cam and chain set are shot and i'm probably going to replace the motor and sell the jeep. i'll use that money to build the stroker and buy a jeep with a blown engine to put it in.

Back