• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And I thought the mosquitos were bad....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Then I had to deal with a particularly nasty insect....... the Tire Fly!

Here's a rare photo of the little pest:

tireflys_blue.jpg

Damn thing crawled up onto the front wheel of my tow rig and completely consumed the black plastic cap on my valve stem. It had attached itself to the valve stem like a wood tic to a dog's ear! Even running at highway speeds wouldn't shake the little buggar loose! Rumor has it that they glow when spun around, although I never saw it.

All of ya that attended Colorado Fest should check your rigs..... I understand that these things are usually found in groups of 4 and seek out their own prey, infecting 4 individual vehicles. I would imagine they ain't too picky and could be found on anything ranging from XJ's, Winnebagos, camper trailers, red buses....

Oh, and Planefixer is a pinhead.... :laugh3:

You thought it was pretty fuuny when I told you about another person who received one :laugh3: .I actually came up with the idea about 2-3 months ago(original plan was to try and get one on your patrol vehicle but figured that would be too difficult and maybe crossing the line).Just out of curiousity how/when did you find it?I purposely put it on your wife's side of the truck so you wouldn't notice it as easy. :cheers:

I even made sure to get YELLOW ones.

Last edited:
Back