• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OT Dog Attack

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
Dylan was attacked by a dog last night. He was playing in the back yard of where he is staying with his mom and the dog, an American Bulldog, turned on him and attacked him. We didn't see what happened but we heard the dog snarling and Dylan screaming for help. He has lacerations on both legs around his knees and puncture wounds on his forehead and scalp. There was alot of blood but in reality his injuries are not that bad. He has stitches on 5 different wounds so he is sporting a bunch of the large bandaids. The dog was scheduled to be put down this morning. The dog is a 2 1/2 year old and he seemed to be well mannered around kids. The dog grew up around several small children before the current owner got him. You just can't tell how dogs will act sometimes. All things considered, it could have been much worse. Had the dog attacked the 3 year old boy Dylan was playing with it might have caused very serious injury to him. Now I see why people get chihuahuas.

Damn John, I'm glad He's alright. American Bulls are bigger than pitts. I'm Glad You were there.

That's horrible. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if my son was attacked by a dog. There would be no pleasant trip to the vet to be put down. That dog would meet my .357 immediately. My rage would probably need a full box of ammo just to feel better. I'm sorry about Dylan and I hope he will recover quickly from his wounds and learn to love dogs again.

Glad he is ok John. Z was attacked by his great grandmas Akita dog when he was 2 ( 3 staples to his head) If I hadn't been there to stop the dog, who knows how bad it could have been. I know how scary it can be, and I am glad you where there to help Dylan.

Jesus christ john glad he is ok! Sucks that the dog has to be put down but they say once a dog attacks a peroson there is a very high chance that they'll do it again, especially a child. Poor kid :( glad he is ok it could of been much worse.

wow! glad Dylan is ok and here's to a speedy recovery

Wow I feel your pain.I have a 7 year old son and I would be devistated it anything happen to him Glad to here he's doing good.It's time to take Old Yeller out back.

Glad he is ok.

Help him get through the trauma. Even if seems fine, that experience can have long term effects.

E

Gosh John. I'm the Daddy of three beautiful girls, and I can't even imagine....

I'm SO sorry this happened!

People don't understand sometimes why I have NO tolerance for having my kids around medium to large-sized dogs without CLOSE,CLOSE,CLOSE supervision and a leash on the dog.

I actually took my girls out of a home daycare situation that added a huge financial burdon on our family to put them in school-based program. If something had happened to them, though, with this unleashed, poorly trained, somewhat aggro dog, I woulda never forgave myself...

So, so sorry, John...Glad it sounds like he'll heal, though I would forgive him readily if he has some latent dog fears...I got attacked as a kid, and at 31, I still have to deliberately be calm around some dogs.

-Brian

my neighbor whom i've been having problems with off and on since he moved in has a 2 year old boxer that's agressive as hell. I watch my kids like a hawk every time he has his dog out side, but my wife says "oh he's fine, he never barks at us just people he doesn't know".

I'll be showing her this thread later.

glad he is ok. how old is your son?

this isnt the first time ive heard of american bulldogs being aggressive. and they are VERY large dogs.

wow sorry to hear that bro.. hope he gets passed this and loves dogs again... i have 2 pits and people are so afraid of them but they have been mine since pups and trust them.. to a point i guess.... hope your son is ok and sorry about the dog

Glad to hear he's ok and that you were there.

My son got nipped (tiny tiny scab on his nose) by our chihuahua/miniature pinscher mix, who has since been put down as well, and he still freaks out about dogs he's not familiar with. My sister in law brought over her pug puppy (maybe 5 pound dog) and he was terrified.

Ease him back into being around dogs and see how he reacts. I hope he recovers well, mentally and physically.

Some times even the best dog gets stupid, glad his injuries are minor. When he's ready let me know, we have 2 small marshmellow (as in small round and loving)dogs we can bring around to ease his fears.

Wow John! i am glad he is doing ok.

Man, sad to hear Dylan got hurt. Glad hes ok though.

Back