• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy Cross overnighter

hjeepxj said:
x2! :) Cept this year ill be on 33s, no lockers still. :rolleyes:

And a bit less sheetmetal too right? I did my best keeping yer tires from eating fenders last time, you ain't gonna make me work that hard again are ya?

:laugh3:

Rock Yacht said:
Ran the trail 2 weekends ago. You'll be fine up to French creek crossing but from there you're walking or riding with someone else or taking out the rockers and rear quater panels...

The creek crossing was rather devoid of paving (rocks stacked), which is a great thing if you're built to handle a little tougher obstacle.
Just to clarify, this thing about parking and riding really isn't an option unless you're not camping and leaving the same day. Everyone needs to plan on making the French Creek obstacle, it's really not a good idea to leave a rig parked unattended - and again, there's a way to get most any rig past the obstacle, but everyone needs to understand there may be damage getting lesser vehicles over the rocks. 91jeepproject (Andrew) was open, on 31's with 4" lift max and we got him over without major damage - just some tire/fender contact - but it was a miracle we didn't bash his unprotected rockers.

hasta

Well, I think that I am going to stick with getting 31s when the time comes. By the time that I am ready to do this kind of run next summer I will have put some serious time and money into armor... what's the use to buying all of it if I'm not gonna use it? ;)

I am thinking that I will be running 31s, 3.5 lift, rock rails, some kind of T case skid and armor on the diffs. Also hoping to have the back locked up by then. Thanks for your input guys. I really appreciate the observations and information. I am waiting on my frequent flyer credit card to get to me in the mail and then the spending spree begins! Should be anyday now.

planefixer said:
Damn Daryl,that avitar hurts my eyes :looney:
Yea me to, I change it to something else when ever I'm trolling around the site. Then if I remember I change it back as I leave for everyone else's discomfort.

:laugh3: Daryl

I becoming torn here. I want to do this trail again, and I want to do some geocaching also. There are many more caches available on the trails that I'm going to miss Thursday and Friday by being on the HC. over nighter. I think that there are three or so available on the way to and or from HC and camp. Anyone want to take some time out on the way back and go caching with me
icon5.gif

Daryl

YELLAHEEP said:
And a bit less sheetmetal too right? I did my best keeping yer tires from eating fenders last time, you ain't gonna make me work that hard again are ya?

:laugh3:

Yeeup, all trimmed up. :D

Back