• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE trackbar bushing

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's kind of a story, but to summerize..

My father has a history of crashing my vehicles when he borrows them. It's uncanny. Last year, he borrowed my car, got rear ended.. drove my truck to work while the car was in the shop, and made a right hand turn into a honda.

I'm in the habit of fixing anything that could possibly be wrong with one of my vehicles before I let him drive it.

Next week he's driving my jeep all week while his RaRo is in the shop getting ARB's done. The axle end bushing on my RE 1600 trackbar is toast. RE tells me it will be 7-14 days to get one.

Does anyone have a local source on one of these bushings I can get by saturday, or some other trackbar good at 6" of lift I can use for a week while I order a bushing?

-C

Funny you ask this. I JUST got back from picking up one for mine. I got mine from Napa for $12.99. Going to go install it later this afternoon after class. Make sure you give them a call a day before though, as NO ONE I called had it, but could have it in the next morning. Carquest, Kragen, Autozone, and NAPA can all get them, but they all have different prices...

Interesting. I was lead to believe it was an odd size and RE only. What was the part number?
-C

If you don't have any luck with that, why don't you use mine? I'm not putting my lift on for a month...The only hitch is how to get it from SD to OC.

Oops, just checked and discovered I have the HD trackbar I'm not sure if it will work but if it will, you are more than welcome to it.

Last edited:
Well, got done putting in the new bushing, took me fawking like 5 hours! But that would be because 1.) doing it by myself makes it take FOREVER to line up again...2.) the bushing needed to be slighty changed (some taken off outside, some taken off inside to use old sleeve...3.) too many reasons to list....AND STILL can get DW if I try...:mad:

thanks!

Got it installed. Took about 35 minutes total. I see what you mean about it being a bear to make fit. A vice got the bushings into the trackbar quick, 5/8" drillbit got the sleeve in quick, but i had to take a file and shave off some of the outer edge of the bushing to make it fit into the mount. It helped that I had the tools on hand, and had a second person handy to help with re-installing it in the station wagon.

-C

Back