• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

potluck dinner

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I know its like 5 months away but I'm a planning personality so I'm starting up the potluck thread..... I can do fresh burgers again if that was enjoyed last year but i will be bringing a bigger grill (sorry Nate the redheaded stepchild grill let us down last year ;) ). As we ended up with far too much food last year (ie a lot of waste) I vote that once we establish a good menu the people who bring food eat and those who don't bring food can get in on a plate for like 5$? Then we can take the $$ collected and put it towards the naxja land use fund (or any other deserving donation). Thoughts on this? BOD is this something that sounds ok? I figured less food waste and good cause money would be a good combo...

I like that idea.

Ok I know its like 5 months away but I'm a planning personality so I'm starting up the potluck thread..... I can do fresh burgers again if that was enjoyed last year but i will be bringing a bigger grill (sorry Nate the redheaded stepchild grill let us down last year ;) ). As we ended up with far too much food last year (ie a lot of waste) I vote that once we establish a good menu the people who bring food eat and those who don't bring food can get in on a plate for like 5$? Then we can take the $$ collected and put it towards the naxja land use fund (or any other deserving donation). Thoughts on this? BOD is this something that sounds ok? I figured less food waste and good cause money would be a good combo...

well, if someone had checked the tank before we fired it up it would have been alright......

I can bring it again, with a full tank this time. It's not a big deal to toss in the truck.

I like the potluck donation idea. and that we should probably get a proper menu or something put together.

Are you grilling burgers?
We generally rock the cheezy potatoes in the crock pot.
I have more than one crock pot.
there's a fridge in the weinerbox that people are welcome to use if you need to store something. Get with me beforehand though, it's just a mini fridge, I don't want to promise more space than I've got.
For everyone else that may want to cook with a crock pot or something, you can come plug it in and leave it on my gigantic countertop. We also have a proper stovetop.

Doug, I must have one of the "Ale Steaks" you speak of. Let me know what I need to get to enjoy this wonderful meat creation!

I can do the cobbler again if that was a win. A small buy in should help get a better count too. People just have to save some space for dessert!

Good idea Doug.

the cobbler was a definite win

Cool. I think I'll stick to peach this year, that ran out way before the cherry. Unless there are some special requests. I'm going to work on perfecting a homemade filling before the crawl.

ok tentative menu to put forth towards the group.... last year we ended up using most of 60 burgers but we can do quantities as we get closer to the day.

Dinner: -Burgers
includes: lettuce, tom, pickle, onions, ketchup, mustard,mayo, cheese
-Nate and Jennies Famous weinerbox cheesy potatoes.
- Chips
-Nicks dutch oven cobbler
-another kind of quick dessert (if you guys are nice you might be able to sweet talk sam into some baked goods)
-Beverages.....suggestions?
Then of course we'll need supplies
-Plates, flatware, napkins, Cups

please edit and add to your hearts content this is a rough draft and we have some time to nail it down.

Question: Is there any way we can set up anywhere else? The big chunks of Gravel are hard for me to walk on.

Question: Is there any way we can set up anywhere else? The big chunks of Gravel are hard for me to walk on.

If i'm not mistaken, weren't there some talks last year of setting up camp elsewhere all together?

If i'm not mistaken, weren't there some talks last year of setting up camp elsewhere all together?

I don't remember it. If there is a flat grassy area to use that would be great. Maybe Stephen will build a pavilion by then.

Do we need to call Adam to bring the Jager?

Back